Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

GeneralKhan's Theorem

Old
GeneralKhan's Theorem - Tue Dec 18, 2012, 08:50 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012

din have any stats on villain...
was this a fold or how shudda have proceeded?

BTW, this one's for GK

Old
Tue Dec 18, 2012, 09:03 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
I think this is a great fold, I on't think he raises TP on the flop so that leaves Pair+draws,flush draws and sets. On the turn I think you beat none of his betting range.

Nice hand Wiked.

Oliver

Follow me on: Twitter

Old
Tue Dec 18, 2012, 10:01 PM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2011
ok heres my view

Im never folding preflop hee hee merry xmas..no seriously though

I like your play upto the turn

and then hes repping a flush or a st so I too think its a good fold(whether I could currently fold though is open to debate) so I think your play is very good on the turn

If you had the Ace of spades it would have been interesting not sure then what would be the best action although I probably not folding

Old
Wed Dec 19, 2012, 12:41 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi,

GeneralKhan's theorem is to fold them preflop.

I think you played it fine, no problem with folding the turn here as we have very little chance to improve our hand on the river, are drawing dead some of the time anyway, will face many scary river cards, and won't be able to call off to the probable river shove the villain is setting up with his bet sizing. Sometimes we are folding the best hand but discretion is the better part of valor here and in the long run I think we are losing more money continuing unless up against a super laggy player (a read we don't have), and even then it's only marginal imo.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com