Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Wed Dec 19, 2012, 08:39 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2012
Hello there !

I just signed up and want to know if im qualified for the bankroll builder. I have played some on my pokerstars account because they gave me 10$ to play with long time ago.

I hope you can help me

Regards, Nesslow90

Old
Wed Dec 19, 2012, 04:12 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesslow90 View Post
Hello there !

I just signed up and want to know if im qualified for the bankroll builder. I have played some on my pokerstars account because they gave me 10$ to play with long time ago.

I hope you can help me

Regards, Nesslow90
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 19, 2012, 05:45 PM
(#3)
Thank you Raiser

Old
Thu Dec 20, 2012, 04:39 AM
(#4)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hello there !
I hope you can help me
Regards, Nesslow90
You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started' live training sessions. Ask the Live Trainer plenty of questions while you are attending, it's the best way to learn.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know as soon as you have attended this session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Dec 20, 2012, 10:00 PM
(#5)
Hello Raiser!

I have just attended the getting startet, bet sizing and cash basics courses with Dave "TheLangolier".
Very good courses and it left me with no questions afterwards.

Regards, Nesslow90

Old
Fri Dec 21, 2012, 05:49 AM
(#6)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hello Raiser!
I have just attended the getting startet, bet sizing and cash basics courses with Dave "TheLangolier".
Very good courses and it left me with no questions afterwards.
Regards, Nesslow90
Thank you and we can see that you have attended the Getting Started session. Did you find it useful? Did you learn something from it that you didn't know before?

Just to note though that the other two sessions come later in the promotion, you will need to attend them again but only when instructed to do so.

Next up play some 9-handed full-ring play money tables. Make sure the tables have no empty seats.

Find a hand that caused you difficulty or cost you chips and using the hand replayer post it here in the Forum.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Once you've posted your hand we will analyse it for you and then continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 21, 2012, 08:15 AM
(#7)
Yes I did indeed learn something and also got some of my questions answered. Its no problem that I have to see them again. More is better I guess

I will turn back once I got an interesting hand.

Old
Fri Dec 21, 2012, 11:20 AM
(#8)

After alot of loose play from the table I finally got a hand worth of being played. Here's some of my thoughts:

Pre-flop: Since i had a strong hand and only had to call 1:3 of the pot, I went for it even tho I were in a bad posistion.

Post-flop: With 6 people in the pot allready I tried to scare them away and "protect" my hand by pretending to have a flush draw. So i bet 50% of the pot.

As my only opponent had to go all-in I quickly saw that only an 8 would save him here and the big pot was mine.

I must say.. If I was playing for real money I dont think I would have bet 50% of the pot with only KK and Ace as a kicker on such a wet board and in my table posistion. But as people were playing really loose I thought my chances were high enough in the situation.

My question is: Would you consider this a well played hand no matter of the outcome? I mean, I was just lucky that he didn't beat me here.

Regards, Nesslow90

Last edited by nesslow90; Fri Dec 21, 2012 at 03:35 PM.. Reason: Forgot to add my question

Old
Fri Dec 21, 2012, 06:57 PM
(#9)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi nesslow90!

With AK, I'd normally try to raise preflop to thin the field and to take the lead n the hand, but with 3 limps, a 34.5X raise and 2 calls of the raise, I can flat here or I can raise to 3X the previous bet (1035) if I think some will fold. I don't have a made hand, but I do have a hand with potential.

Here is why I'd normally like to raise preflop. I flop top pair/top kicker but there are 6 opps in the hand and the board has a flush draw. The problem with this many opponents is that I cannot give all of them the wrong odds to draw to a flush if they all stay. The best I can do here is to make a pot-sized bet and see what happens. However, I don't have this many chips, so I'm going to shove the flop.

Shoving the flop (or re-raising preflop) is the way that I'd go about this hand and the opp that called a large raise preflop with K8o (a really bad hand multi-way) would definitely be noted by me.

It was lucky that AK wasn't outdrawn on here, as anyone with a flush draw (to even 1 spade) had the right odds to draw.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 22, 2012, 05:45 AM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Yes I did indeed learn something and also got some of my questions answered.
Good to hear!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 22, 2012, 06:56 AM
(#11)
I have completed both the Poker basics and Cash game quiz. I have been spending alot of time reading about the basics of poker and I did the quiz before I learned about this program. I hope that wont be a problem

Regards, Nesslow90

Last edited by nesslow90; Sat Dec 22, 2012 at 06:58 PM..

Old
Sun Dec 23, 2012, 01:20 PM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I have completed both the Poker basics and
Hi nesslow90,

You've passed the basics quiz, congrats on that!

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

Also, please attend an 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This should help too.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Dec 24, 2012, 06:59 PM
(#13)
I dont know what to say about this hand myself really..

I knew this guy didn't have anything good when he called because he had been playing really bad the whole time. Well he did also play bad against me but it payed off in the end... Should I have folded at some point or would this just be a case of bad luck?

EDIT: Huge mistake from my side... didn't even notice the straight draw before so looking away from the outcome I would normally not play this hand that agressive.

Last edited by nesslow90; Mon Dec 24, 2012 at 07:33 PM..

Old
Wed Dec 26, 2012, 08:22 AM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hello nesslow90,

Thanks for posting these hands for reveiw. I'll ask one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at these for you and offer some feedback.

Once he does this we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 26, 2012, 05:16 PM
(#15)
This is starting to annoy me.. I lost pretty much all my chips in the hand i posted before but then I played a sit&go in hope of getting some cash. After 2 hours I lost in place 39 and place 36 were "in the money". Then I played another one today. Alittle more then 2 hours later I came out as nr 4 winning allmost 2$ ! So I could finally play some cash games again and jumped on a micro full ring, then this happens...

*** SHOW DOWN ***
pandemon: shows [3c 4c] (a straight, Deuce to Six)
nesslow90: shows [5h 5d] (three of a kind, Fives)
pandemon collected $3.02 from pot

Back to square one..

This is not a question or an analystic request. Just wanted to share it with someone so its out of my system!

Old
Wed Dec 26, 2012, 05:16 PM
(#16)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:

I knew this guy didn't have anything good when he called because he had been playing really bad the whole time. Well he did also play bad against me but it payed off in the end... Should I have folded at some point or would this just be a case of bad luck?

EDIT: Huge mistake from my side... didn't even notice the straight draw before so looking away from the outcome I would normally not play this hand that agressive.
Hi nesslow90

Preflop, I think I would have made a standard raise size of 3x + 1bb for each limper making it 10 rather than 12. You are in position and have a strong hand. On the flop, you have top pair top kicker and are facing what sounds like a loose passive calling station. These types of players rarely fold. This means we need to win at the showdown and cant get them to fold.

Your c-bet looks fine. It is bigger than standard, but with a calling station we can expect them to call.

On the turn things get interesting. The loose passive player wakes up and bets. This is usually a sign of a strong hand, or a draw hoping to see the next card cheap. He could have a straight with a 3, or he might have two pair with A2, A5 or A6. I would probably have just called since the villain is normally passive. Reraising is fine. Although your bet sizing was too big. The standard reraise is 3x the original raise making it 48. We often get value owned by making overly large bets. That is, only the hands beating us call.

On the river, I strongly suggest folding to the all in bet. Firstly, calling stations don't make large bets like that without a strong hand. Secondly, looking at the board, trip 2s are possible, a straight, a flush, a full house are all possilbe hands that beat our top pair top kicker.

You had the right idea to take advantage of this weak player, but don't ignore the board and the betting. Sometimes bad players get lucky.

Keep at it!

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Wed Dec 26, 2012, 06:44 PM
(#17)
Thanks Roland

I have now attended the Bet Sizing live course with Gareth.
What is next?

Old
Thu Dec 27, 2012, 11:23 AM
(#18)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Thanks Roland
I have now attended the Bet Sizing live course with Gareth.
What is next?
Hi nesslow90,

Now it's time to study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Once you've passed the quiz post back here and we'll continue on tomorrow.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Dec 27, 2012, 12:52 PM
(#19)
I have completed the quiz and I have spend many hours reading those courses

Old
Thu Dec 27, 2012, 08:40 PM
(#20)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I have completed the quiz and I have spend many hours reading those courses
Brilliant! Your second buy-in will now be awarded within 24 hours.

Use all that you have learned so far to again play some real money games (1/2 cent tables).

Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyse them for you.

Also, attend the 'Cash Basics' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com