Since: Jul 2010
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner no stats

Old
Thu Dec 20, 2012, 01:24 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi kingkong,

Readless I am generally not 3-betting an EP open here, our hand plays better in position keeping the money deeper and his range wide. The buttom calling our 3b cold is scary, if he's really loose obviously not but if he's decent this could be hands that we're not doing too well against like 99-JJ or AK. He could also speculate with small pairs and suited connector type hands... while our stack doesn't provide great implied odds for that he is super deep with the opener and his call may bring that villain along as well, improving his speculation odds. Still I'm wary at this point (where oh where are the reads we need to be making this 3b ).

As the preflop 3-bettor I think you should continuation bet heads up here, although this board texture is terrible for you and good for his range.

Not sure what thoughts you're looking for tbh... I don't mind you attacking his smallish turn bet but from the villain's perspective your line doesn't make sense to me and I'd probably look you up light tbh. What are you repping? Any strong hand would never check this wet flop except specifically 87 since people love to slowplay the nuts, and it's unlikely you 3b an UTG+1 open from EP with a suited connector. Honestly it looks like you were peeling one time with AKh or AQh and are now semi-bluffing a turned flush draw, which is why I'd actually put you in with all my made hands at this point and only fold bluffs (but I wouldn't be bluffing in this fashion either in V1's shoes). I think you got a weak villain, which there are a lot of in micros but less and less as you move up.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Dec 20, 2012, 09:46 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
the min raise from EP=45s-KQs 22-88 maybe 99 AXs just the junk. and the caller on the button maybe underpair or 2 big cards that missed . i was repping TT that i slow played. and i didnt think he had anything. he was just betting becouse i checked.

Old
Thu Dec 20, 2012, 11:33 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkong263 View Post
i was repping TT that i slow played. and i didnt think he had anything. he was just betting becouse i checked.
I get that, but a couple points. This is not a board texture that slowplaying any hand (including top set) is good on, it's a wet board that hits the opponent's calling range pretty well. Which is why I would look you up light. And if you showed down TT I would make a note and make better decisions in the future based on that read.

The other point is if he actually has nothing then AQ high is winning, it might give you more value not raising but just calling again and giving him one more chance to bluff on the river. Although if he's not a good hand reader (reads ftw) then the raise has the benefit of folding out moderate made hands that don't recognize what's going on, as well as preventing air from realizing it's equity in improving to the best hand.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com