Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner no stats

Old
Thu Dec 20, 2012, 01:34 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi kingkong,

Reads my man, reads.

Preflop open from a steal position is fine. Flop raise is fine as we are repping an overpair and can get some better hands to fold by the river like 88 or T9 (when overcards come these hands will have a hard time getting to showdown) plus we have a lot of hand equity with our pair+FD. When he leads small on the turn, I would consider mashing all in here. His bet is really weak, .22c into 1.72. Now there's 1.94 in the pot and he's got 2.42 behind so you definitely can get folds from better 1 pair hands as this shove looks a lot like a big pair trying to "protect". And when you get called you likely have a lot of outs. Plus, in addition to the fold equity and the outs when called by a better hand, he may well decide to call off on a draw sometimes, a hand like AsJs we are a 70-30 favorite over with 1 card to come. So in short, we have very good fold equity and also decent hand equity when called.

On the river I'm certainly calling. Not thrilled that he's decided to shove for a pot sized bet as this polarizes his range to strong hands (which we are pretty much losing to) and bluffs, but I don't think we called this far to fold when we got there, if he's got a bigger flush then nh. Don't think he plays a boat this way but if he's got that nh too.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Dec 20, 2012, 05:23 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Dave,

So by raising the flop, we want to rep a big over pair with the intent to take it down on many turns since our 6 does not have showdown value against his donk bet range? And ofcourse it's always a bonus when we do hit our draw right?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com