Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Ronin_74th Bankroll Builder

Old
Ronin_74th Bankroll Builder - Thu Dec 20, 2012, 12:30 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2012
Hi Everyone,

Just starting a new thread for the bankroll builder promotion. I passed the Poker Basics quizes and am looking to complete the rest of the course.

Any tips and advice are welcome in this thread.

Ronin_74th

Old
Thu Dec 20, 2012, 04:04 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin_74th View Post
Hi Everyone,
Just starting a new thread for the bankroll builder promotion. I passed the Poker Basics quizes and am looking to complete the rest of the course.
Any tips and advice are welcome in this thread.
Ronin_74th
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 21, 2012, 06:12 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Just starting a new thread for the bankroll builder promotion.
Hi,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 23, 2012, 05:22 PM
(#4)
Hi Raiser,

I've passed the basics course and attended a live training session today with Gareth, and am scheduled for more on the 26th. Will I be able to recieve a deposit during the "Santa Claus" promotion that is running between the 24-26th?

Old
Mon Dec 24, 2012, 06:09 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi Raiser,
I've passed the basics course and attended a live training session today with Gareth,
Hi Ronin_74th,

For now we just need you to attend the 'Getting Started' session.

Try not to complete the steps before you are asked as this can end up delaying the process and may mean that you miss out on some bankroll builder bonuses.

The Santa Promotion only applies to existing real money players and is run by PokerStars. If you have questions about that promotion you could email them at support@pokerstars.com

Let me know once you have attended the 'Getting Started' session and we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 26, 2012, 07:04 PM
(#6)
Hi Raiser,

Just got done with the "getting started" session with Gareth.

Old
Thu Dec 27, 2012, 11:20 AM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi Raiser,
Just got done with the "getting started" session with Gareth.
Hi zPainz,

Perfect, we can see you on the list of attendees, did you find the session useful?

Next next play some 9-handed full-ring play money tables. Make sure the tables have no empty seats.

Find a hand that caused you difficulty or cost you chips and using the hand replayer post it here in the Forum.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Once you've posted your hand we will analyse it for you and then continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Dec 27, 2012, 11:39 PM
(#8)
Hi Raiser,

I found the training sessions to be very useful. There were some features I didn't know how to use, and I really liked the bet sizing session. When I play live for fun on the weekends, I usually cbet 2/3 the pot based on a Daniel Negreanu vid I saw years ago, regardless of board texture and my hand. I learned alot of stuff from Gareth on how to adjust my bet sizes to extract value on dry flops and protect my hands on wet flops.

This is a play money hand I just played. I stacked like 3-4 players, but I got lucky and flopped the nuts.

Any thing I should've done different? How should I play this if I missed the flop with that many callers?

Old
Fri Dec 28, 2012, 08:26 AM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi Raiser,
I found the training sessions to be very useful. There were some features I didn't know how to use, and I really liked the bet sizing session.
Hi Ronin_74th,

Thanks for the feedback and for posting this hand for review, I will ask one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you and offer some feedback.

Remember also that the 'Bet Sizing' and 'Cash Basics' class come later in the promotion and you will need to attend them again at a later stage.

Once the hand analysers looks at your hand we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 28, 2012, 11:20 AM
(#10)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Ronin_74th!

With AK in the SB, I'm going to make a standard raise. Normally I'd raise to 3X the previous bet, but since there are so many callers already, I'm going to make a pot-sized raise and will bet 28.

I flop the current nuts, but since any of the opps could have hit two pair here, I need to value bet. If I was heads-up, I'd bet 1/2 pot, but with 6 opps, I need to bet more than this and would normally make a pot-sized bet (420)... BUT... I don't have this many chips, so I will shove the flop.

If I make a standard raise preflop (28) and miss it, with this many opps, I'm going to check/fold the flop. With this many opps, somebody has a pair and I don't want to be putting chips into the pot when I know I'm behind unless I get the correct odds to do so (most likely won't happen here, as with 6 outs, I could only call up to a bet that would be 12% of the pot).

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 28, 2012, 03:49 PM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 28, 2012, 05:47 PM
(#12)
cool, thanks JWK24. If I am at a loose table like this, is limping with AK in early position ever ok, or should I always open with it? AK has been a trouble hand for me when I miss out of position and I don't really know what to do if my flop cbet gets called. I miss with AK more often than not and it seems I'm leaking my opens and cbets.

Raiser, I finished the poker basics course.

Old
Sat Dec 29, 2012, 08:36 AM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Raiser, I finished the poker basics course.
Hi Ronin_74th,

You've passed the basics quiz, congrats on that!

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

Also, please attend an 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This should help too.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 29, 2012, 11:24 AM
(#14)
Thanks Raiser, started playing today. Here is a hand for review.

I was really hoping both would just fold, when the original raiser called I was planning on check/folding but paired my ace on the turn. As posted earlier, AK is a trouble hand for me and I feel lost if I don't pair up. Any suggestions?

Old
Mon Dec 31, 2012, 06:14 PM
(#15)
So I donked off the buy in. I know I played this bad, don't really know what I was thinking.

What are the next steps?

Old
Tue Jan 01, 2013, 06:34 AM
(#16)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
What are the next steps?
Hi ,

I'm just waiting on the hand analyser to take a look at the hand you posted here. He should do this within the next 24 hours.

Once he has analysed the hand for you we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 01, 2013, 02:02 PM
(#17)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Thanks Raiser, started playing today. Here is a hand for review.

I was really hoping both would just fold, when the original raiser called I was planning on check/folding but paired my ace on the turn. As posted earlier, AK is a trouble hand for me and I feel lost if I don't pair up. Any suggestions?
Hi Ronin_74th

Nice preflop reraise, perfect Don't be afraid to play strong hands like AK and AQ preflop. The important part is not to go crazy post flop if you miss. C-betting is usually smart, but if you get called or reraised, play more carefully on the turn and river.

On the flop vs one villain, I suggest making a continuation bet. This is only a semi bluff since you still have two overcards. As played, betting the turn looked good. Nice hand

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Tue Jan 01, 2013, 02:14 PM
(#18)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
So I donked off the buy in. I know I played this bad, don't really know what I was thinking.

What are the next steps?
Hi again Ronin_74th

There is a good lesson to be learned here. One lapse of judgement can be very costly. You can play great poker for 99 hands, but one mistake can cost you everything you have earned. I often think of reducing my losses rather than increasing my wins.

Keep your head in the game, and put this hand behind you

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Wed Jan 02, 2013, 07:33 AM
(#19)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
What are the next steps?
The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Bet Sizing' live training sessions.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 21, 2013, 02:42 PM
(#20)
I just attended the bet sizing session with Andre. What is the next step?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com