Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2nl Zoom - JJ OTB, Can I call a limp shove?

Old
2nl Zoom - JJ OTB, Can I call a limp shove? - Thu Dec 20, 2012, 02:28 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
Gonna keep this one short and sweet...

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

The two players limp and I make a std iso raise to 5x. The initial limper then shoves. A limp shove is indicative of a really strong hand, so he's basically repping QQ+ AKs AKo against this range I can't make a profitable call however if you throw a few lower pairs such as TT and 99 then I have enough equity to make the call +EV.

Any chance he's doing this with worse or are we always getting shown a premium if we make the call?

Cheers

Oliver

Follow me on: Twitter

Old
Fri Dec 21, 2012, 01:01 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Oliver,

I don't know. Stats?

Vs. a tight/nitty guy we have a really easy fold. Vs. a super loose aggro, there's plenty chance he's got worse in his range and I'd snap it in.

With no reads at all other than a random 61bb stacker, I reckon I'd take my chances here and give him a call. He doesn't need too many 99 or A4s spazzes for this to quickly become profitable.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 21, 2012, 12:41 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2012
Most times, I'd fold here.. Like u said, a limp shove is an indication of a "monster"?? and JJ dun play well against AA KK QQ, even AK AQ if any A K Q turns up on the board we're toast

Then again i'm a nit and i'd prob wait for another hand/opportunity to get the chips back n move on to the next

But with no stats and/or reads, it's a tough one...

Old
Sat Dec 22, 2012, 01:10 AM
(#4)
Since: Mar 2012
Agree it's a tough one. For me, I'll fold if it's 100bb effective stack, call if it's around 50bb

Old
Sat Dec 22, 2012, 06:56 AM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2010
im prety polorized here, if im having a good day and up a few buy ins ill call, if im having a bad day ill fold:P

mind u somtimes if having a bad day ill tilt call, so im actually a bit triple range merging

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com