Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Thu Dec 20, 2012, 08:41 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012
Hi there,

I've just signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I want to know if I qualify for this promotion?

Thanks, can't wait to get going!

Eric G.

Last edited by Galatic Eric; Wed Dec 26, 2012 at 08:47 PM.. Reason: Adjusted format to sticky, almost...!

Old
Fri Dec 21, 2012, 05:53 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatic Eric View Post
I've just signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I want to know if I qualify for this promotion?
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 21, 2012, 06:13 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Pre flop problem hand - Fri Dec 21, 2012, 10:22 AM
(#4)

This type of pocket happens to me often in the blind position, Ace low os. It's an easy fold middle to late position, but on the blinds...Here, I had Ace 8. I was simply gonna call the sb and play it out. But a 1000$ raise stopped me. As instructed in "Starting hands", anything but top pockets should call such a pre flop raise, so I folded.

Look what happened next...

Did I play this properly? Thank you very much for your time.

Eric G.

PS:"I'm scheduled to play in this afternoon's getting started session!"

Old
Fri Dec 21, 2012, 06:45 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Eric!

I like seeing you say that this hand would be a fold, but the places where it is a fold from are early and mid position. It would be playable if it was folded to me in late postion. With the SB being the absolute worst position at the table, I'm folding all of my ace/rags unless it is folded to me, and then I'll make a standard raise to 3BB with them.

With any raises in front of me, I want to be playing the least number of hands from the SB (due to being in the worst position at the table), so this one is a muck for me everytime here.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 21, 2012, 08:45 PM
(#6)
Thanks for the fast reply John.

I often get beat at the play money tables to ace low os hitting the low card for a pair to my ace face, and it's really frustrating, to say the least. Worst, they get raised or re-raised pre flop...

If I understand your advice; Keep folding ace rag early to mid position. If no one calls, I should make a standard 3bb raise. The raise would be made to make the BB lay his hand down, or hope for a heads up situation with a decent pot?

I was unavailable to attend the "getting started" training session today due to the winter storm up here in Canada. My apologies to the instructor.

Eric G.

Old
Problem hand - Fri Dec 21, 2012, 09:16 PM
(#7)
deleted

Last edited by Galatic Eric; Thu Dec 27, 2012 at 05:53 PM.. Reason: Added paragraph.

Old
Lightbulb
Attended Live Training Session - Wed Dec 26, 2012, 06:45 PM
(#8)
December 26th, 6 pm, "Getting Started" session with trainer GarethC23.

I also attended the 6:20 pm "Bet Sizing" session also with Gareth23.

So, I've completed the "Getting Started" session, I have posted problem hand and I have succesfully completed the "Poker Basics" test.

Do I qualify for the 2$?

Thanks for your time, and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Eric G.

Last edited by Galatic Eric; Fri Dec 28, 2012 at 08:03 AM..

Old
Fri Dec 28, 2012, 10:50 AM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
So, I've completed the "Getting Started" session, I have posted problem hand and I have succesfully completed the "Poker Basics" test.
Hi Galatic Eric,

You've passed the basics quiz, congrats on that!

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

Don't worry about the 'Bet Sizing' or any other training session for now as these come later on in the promotion and you'll need to attend them then.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thanks Paul - Fri Dec 28, 2012, 06:08 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.
Thank you very much!, I GOT the deposit TODAY!

Looking forward to light up the tables!

Thanks again,
Eric G.

Last edited by Galatic Eric; Fri Dec 28, 2012 at 06:17 PM.. Reason: Got the deposit!

Old
Fri Dec 28, 2012, 07:12 PM
(#11)
Well, that was quick. Even if I raised 3x the bb pre flop, the donk with the 8 10 os would have called. I was toast no matter what. I should have folded the raise on the turn, but...I'd been playing a while and got this guy a couple times bluffing. I got a Ace 10, and the flop gave me trips 10. How would you have handled the raise on the turn?

So I lost all of my first buy in already... On the other hand, I've posted my problem hand and have attended the "Bet Sizing" session with GarethC23 on the 26th of December, 6:20 pm. Do I need to start the "Cash Games" course to unlock the next 2$ buy-in?¸

Thanks, Eric G.

Last edited by Galatic Eric; Sat Dec 29, 2012 at 08:12 AM.. Reason: Shortened the message.

Old
Sat Dec 29, 2012, 08:32 AM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
already... On the other hand, I've posted my problem hand and have attended the "Bet Sizing" session with GarethC23 on the 26th of December, 6:20 pm. Do I need to start the "Cash Games" course to unlock the next 2$ buy-in?
Hi Eric,

You really need to do these steps only when asked please.

Thanks for posting your hand for review. I will ask one of the Hand Analysers to look at it for you and offer some feedback.

After he does this THEN you will need to attend the 'Bet Sizing' session.

Do not do anything else for now other than waiting for your hand to be analysed. This will be done within the next 24 hours.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 29, 2012, 09:07 AM
(#13)
Thanks for the quick reply Paul!

In regards to:
Quote:
You really need to do these steps only when asked please.
After he does this THEN you will need to attend the 'Bet Sizing' session.
My apologies. I took the getting started course and was offered/suggested by GarethC23 to keep going to get the other4 lessons available done and over with. Glad I only took the first two! I will wait for further instructions.

Thanks,
Eric G.

Old
Tue Jan 01, 2013, 02:42 PM
(#14)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Well, that was quick. Even if I raised 3x the bb pre flop, the donk with the 8 10 os would have called. I was toast no matter what. I should have folded the raise on the turn, but...I'd been playing a while and got this guy a couple times bluffing. I got a Ace 10, and the flop gave me trips 10. How would you have handled the raise on the turn?

So I lost all of my first buy in already... On the other hand, I've posted my problem hand and have attended the "Bet Sizing" session with GarethC23 on the 26th of December, 6:20 pm. Do I need to start the "Cash Games" course to unlock the next 2$ buy-in?¸

Thanks, Eric G.
Hi Galatic Eric

There are several points with this situation. Firstly, I'm not sure if the villain is a donk. He has a huge stack. Most donks lose there money, even if they have gotten lucky and doubled up.

Either way, you have postion on the raiser and a decent hand, I think I would have 3-bet preflop. This would hoefully isolate the original raiser. Often he will fold preflop as well.

On the flop, I strongly suggest leading with a bet rather than checking. This is not a spot for slowplaying! Firstly, trips are not as powerful as a set. Secondly, flush and straight draws are possible. Lead out with a 70% pot bet or so. When the button bets, I suggest reraising.

As played, betting the turn is ok. When you get reraised so large though, I strongly suggest just folding. The Q on the turn may have made a staight or flush, and there are several full house possibilities as well.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Wed Jan 02, 2013, 07:32 AM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply Paul!
Hi Eric,

I hope you had a nice holiday and Happy New Year.

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Bet Sizing' live training sessions.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thumbs up
Reply to hand analysis - Thu Jan 03, 2013, 07:55 AM
(#16)
To Greg:

Thanks for taking the time to analyze my mistake...err...I mean my problem hand! I fully agree with your analysis, and I just discovered a flaw in my playing. Too often I get bad beats from the turn or river simply because I slow play. Period. Would you have any advice on how to break this fantastic habit?

Couple more things Greg. Even with a large stack, 8-10 off suit pre-flop...really? That goes against what we learned in starting hands. 8-10 os is considered a mediocre starting hand that shouldn't be played unless it gets no raises on your big blind. Unless having a big stack gives you the chances to call such pockets? Personally Greg, would you have joined in with the 8-10?

Something else I've noticed.
In middle positions, I've seen lots of AA-AK or AA-AQ all in pre flops get called by a third party (usually with a much less powerfull pocket as the others) and win with 2 pairs or trips! Apart taking notes and avoiding playing vs these players, do you have any advice on how to handle these loose canons?

Hope you had great holidays,
Eric G.

Old
Thumbs up
Bet Sizing training done. - Sat Jan 05, 2013, 10:39 AM
(#17)
I've attended the January 5th, 10:20 am "Bet Sizing" training with Andre.

Waiting for further instructions, Thanks!
Eric G.

Old
Sat Jan 05, 2013, 12:14 PM
(#18)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I've attended the January 5th, 10:20 am "Bet Sizing" training with Andre.

Waiting for further instructions, Thanks!
Eric G.
Hi Galatic Eric,

Perfect, how did you find the session? Did you learn anything from it and if so what?

Next Step

Now it's time to study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Once you've passed the quiz post back here and we'll continue on tomorrow.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com