Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2nl 6max Zoom-Fold? or Ahead some of the time?

Old
2nl 6max Zoom-Fold? or Ahead some of the time? - Fri Dec 21, 2012, 03:32 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Hi again everyone,

thought i would post this hand i played yesterday,obviously i think the crucial point of the hand is the turn,preflop is standard and on the flop i cbet my set for value on an ok board.i had 11 hands on my opponent with stats of 18/9 so there are some loose passive tendancies emerging.

The turn certainly worried me when it came down, J9 gets there AJ also.My opponent then leads out and i decided to raise for value here with my top set on a dangerous board,but then Soranh shoves and here comes the decision.
I seriously considered folding at this spot,im playing against a seemingly passive player at 2nl level where it is rare to see such a play with less then the top ranges.

But my final thoughts that lead me to call were that Soranh can still have worse hands here 88,1010,Q10,KQ although rare and also K10, so i made the call because i still felt there were hands i could beat with a very good hand in top set.

Sorry to go on for so long:P but i just wanted to get my thoughts across.
What does everyone think here?,automatic fold? or am i still ahead some of the time?

Thanks
Nashy

Old
Fri Dec 21, 2012, 10:30 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Nashy,

Regarding the read, I don't think we have loose passive tendancies emerging yet. 11 hands is too small a sample size of course but 18/9 means they have played 2 hands, 1 by raising. This could end up being a super tight player who had 2 hands, or a really loose guy who just got a short stretch of awful cards. And these stats don't give any indication at all about post flop passive or aggressive.

So on the turn here, I am definitley calling with top set. He might have a straight (sometimes people check-raise the nuts though and not lead out) but he can easily have made 2 pair and not want you to take a free card, or a set that he slowplayed on the flop but again doesn't want to risk a free card after the turn coordinates so well with the flop. He could also have turned some draw equity like KJ and has decided to take a bet/3b jam line as a semi-bluff as it's really hard for you to call off with just AK here.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com