Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

when in doubt, JAM?

Old
when in doubt, JAM? - Fri Dec 21, 2012, 02:34 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012

villain is 21/18/AF3/AFq53/3B6(827)
had tangled with villain b4, pretty LAGgy...
will 3b w AJ-AK, call a 3b OOP w 33, 44 AQo.

decided to flat the 4b as i'm IP, but the flop is crap
shudda i hv jus jam OTT pre? of hw shud i hv proceeded?

Old
Fri Dec 21, 2012, 06:44 PM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2011
I think you played the hand ok.

Other options are:

1 - just flat calling the open on the button with deep stacks, keeping the weaker of the two ranges (the caller) in the pot

2- fold to the four-bet. If we perceive his four-bet range here as QQ+AK and potentially better, and I think that is reasonable, we can just fold. Its not a big deal in this spot.

Definitely not on the table is ripping it for 200bb against an under the gun's "get it in" range! We are going to be losing a lot of money this way.

As stacks get deeper, in position, our particular hand begins to lose a lot of value. So putting a lot of money in before the flop with it isn't necessarily our biggest priority.

Old
Fri Dec 21, 2012, 09:06 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2012
Got it, thanks Gareth

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com