Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

cowboys busted !!

Old
cowboys busted !! - Fri Dec 21, 2012, 06:14 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012

this was in the early stages of PSO skill league...
after the flop I suspected him for a flush or open-ended straight draw...then turn made it worse...i assumed he had K or Q high flush ... river card did not improve my hand either !!

please let me know if my bet sizing was correct .

Old
Fri Dec 21, 2012, 07:16 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi BreathT4k3r!

With KK, I want to make a standard raise preflop, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper, so I will raise to 180.

The flop is coordinated undercards and I will make a standard c-bet, which for me is to 1/2 pot, so I will bet 225.

The turn completes the flush and incase the opp has a single diamond, I once again need to bet 1/2 pot (810). If I bet less and the opp has a draw, they would get the correct odds to draw to beat me and I want to give them the wrong odds whenever possible.

On the river, a fourth diamond hits and I'm going to check here and hope to get to a cheap showdown, as my hand does have showdown value. If the opp makes a small bet, I'll call. If they make a large bet, I need to fold.

When up against only one opponent, a 1/2 pot bet will price out any flush or straight draw. The only time where I would need to bet more would be if the opp could have a combination draw and then I'd have to bet 3/4 pot.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 22, 2012, 02:11 AM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2012
thanks bro

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com