Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Android client update not working

Old
Android client update not working - Sat Dec 22, 2012, 06:39 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
Hello Pokerstars people.

Since this morning i can't play on pokerstars after an auto-update i was prometed to do when i fired up the Pokerstars app.

Since then the software shuts down and i get a error.
At first it seams loading normaly but before the login-lobby it shuts down with a message like ( translated from dutch ) :the program PokerStarsEU (proces com.pyrsofware.pokerstars.eu) has stopped unexpected. try again

I am using a Motorola Milestone phone with Android 2.2
the build nbr of the pokerstars software is 1.8.0.194

Try'd clearing the Cache
did a uninstall and then reinstall
try'd copying the software to my SDcard and back to my phone-memory
done all of the above after a restart of the phone itself.

Maybe others encounter something similar or is it just me ??

Hope someone can shed some light on this problem.

Thank you in advance for looking into this.

René
aka ( X-MasterRed )

Old
Sat Dec 22, 2012, 07:38 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-MasterRed View Post
Hope someone can shed some light on this problem.
Hi,

I don't have an answer for you but just in case you haven't done so already I would recommend also emailing support@pokerstars.com with this issue.

They are usually very quick to respond and in the meantime maybe another member here who has experienced similar issues can help you out.

Keep us updated and let us know how you get on.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 22, 2012, 12:46 PM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
I don't have an answer for you but just in case you haven't done so already I would recommend also emailing support@pokerstars.com with this issue.

Keep us updated and let us know how you get on.

[I]Raiser
Tnx for the fast response wil do that.

René

Old
Tue Jan 01, 2013, 08:44 AM
(#4)
Problem solved.

I think the supportteam did a account reset.
When I logged onto my computer (so not the android phone) the other day I had to redo all my settings ( and I mean all ) like the 4 colordeck, preferred seats, timezone, etc, etc, etc.
First I didn't think anything of it but later on I started thinking why this would be so ( did I got hacked ? ) or is there any other reason.
Thats when it popped into my mind this could be the works of the pokerstars supportteam ( maybe an E-mail that they did this would have been wanted ) but never the less I fired up my phone and did a new software install and everything is fine now.

If this was the case that a account reset was all it took and that the supportteam made that happen...........thanks.

Now I can make that Pokerschoolonline Premiere Skill League I just earned for the first time get to work

GL at the tables

tnx again

Old
Wed Jan 02, 2013, 08:32 AM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-MasterRed View Post
Problem solved.
Hi X-MasterRed,

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved for you. Anytime you have a question or need some assistance please let us know and we'll do our best to help.

And best of luck in the league games.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com