Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Did you know?

Old
Did you know? - Sat Dec 22, 2012, 07:35 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2012
Can anyone guess in which country playing cards originated? and in what year?

by the way...Is this considered a post on the build a bankroll forum? Does a moderator approve this post? Does this make me eligible to receive $2 to play in the $0.01/$0.02 tables?

Old
Sat Dec 22, 2012, 08:38 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobX2121 View Post
Does this make me eligible to receive $2 to play in the $0.01/$0.02 tables?
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 22, 2012, 11:29 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi BobX2121,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
First hand of heads up sit and go - Sun Dec 23, 2012, 01:50 PM
(#4)

Hey, so this was the first hand of a heads up sit n go. I know a pair of eights in the hole is a strong starting hand heads up. Also, because this was the very first bet of the sit n go, there were no reads or inclinations. My opponent probably figured, "Oh another douche going all in pre-flop on the first hand of a heads up match.". Now I'm not sure if I am that douche, or if I played on the fact of him thinking I am and basically trapping him into calling me with a weak hand.

What do you say?

Thank you,

BobX

Old
Sun Dec 23, 2012, 05:07 PM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Bob!

I'll review the hand, but this will not help you with the promotion. This promotion is only for the cash ring tables and you will need to specifically follow and play what is posted in this thread or you will make yourself ineligible for further buy-ins. Playing tourneys, espcially cash tournaments will disqualify you from further buy-ins.

Please attend the live training session and play the play money FULL RING tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 23, 2012, 11:15 PM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi BobX2121!

With 88 (or ANY hand that I want to play), I need to make a standard raise. This is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. Since I'm first to act, there are no limpers, so I'll raise to 60. I need to keep all my bet sizes standard, so that it helps to conceal the strength of my hand. Making abnormal bet sizes turns a players hand face up.. so the opps then know what to do.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 30, 2012, 09:27 AM
(#7)
I have attended a live training session earlier today. Should I now play a play money full ring game and post a hand here for review?

What are the next steps for me to receive the $2 promo?

Thank you much,
BobX

Old
Sun Dec 30, 2012, 09:44 AM
(#8)
Here is my hand for review from the play money full ring game. I limped in late position for half price. The pot odds were there. I flopped a baby flush and figured I was good on the flop which I was. I moved in for about 150 more. My opponent turned a higher flush. Bad beat? or faith?

Old
Mon Dec 31, 2012, 10:06 AM
(#9)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi BobX2121!

The first thing that I'd recommend is that you wait until the BB to start playing at a table. Paying an extra blind over and over will be a huge drain to a bankroll.

I have a min-raise and a call in front of me, and with 47s here, I'm going to muck this everytime as it is not a good hand at all (it's a bottom 40% hand). When there are raises in front of me, especially with calls too, I only want to be playing hands where I'm ahead preflop, not behind even an opp playing ATC.

To be in the pot, I've got 40 chips into a pot of 150 (26.66%). Yes, it only takes 20 to call, but I shouldn't have put the first 20 in to start with.
From pokerstove, if there are 4 opps in the hand, my hand equity is only 19.0%. If there are more opps, my hand equity will be even lower.

When I flop the flush, I'm in a sticky situation as I can't bet enough to make the opp have a negative play to call, so the best I can do is to shove and hope that my hand holds.

The key in this hand is to not be playing marginal-at-best hands preflop.

I would not put this as a bad beat, as while I was ahead, I never had the opp make a negative play at any point in time in the hand.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Dec 31, 2012, 10:08 AM
(#10)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi BobX2121!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 01, 2013, 11:14 AM
(#11)
First off I want to thank you very much for your time and energy put in.

Second, I have taken the course and passed the quiz.

Hoping to turn these couple of dollars into about 10 grand. Technically its possible.

Thank you,

Bob X

Old
Tue Jan 01, 2013, 06:27 PM
(#12)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi BobX2121!

Thanks! It can be done but will take patience and good bankroll management. I started playing on here with $0 in my account in the freerolls and turned it into multiple cashouts.

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know when you receive the buy-in and attend the training session.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 02, 2013, 03:34 PM
(#13)
Hey John,

So wow, I received the $2 and played on the 1/2 cent real money full ring game like I was supposed to. Patience is definitely a virtue on these tables. I found that people play really tight! Most hands did not even get to the flop. Either one player raised preflop 3 or 4 times the BB and everyone folded, or if no one raised everyone just folded including the small blind and that was it.

Well I lost the $2. That was pretty quick. A mixture of bad luck and connection problems. Perhaps not enough patience as well. I kind of felt like crap, but I also feel that I learned a few things. There is a 'bet sizing' live training session in a few hours. I'll make sure to attend the session like you said.

What is the process now to get the next $2 injection.

Thanks again for everything,

Bob X

Old
Wed Jan 02, 2013, 03:42 PM
(#14)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi BobX2121!

You need to take the hands that you had problems with and/or lost the buy-in with and post them here so that they can be analyzed and you can learn from them.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 03, 2013, 07:07 AM
(#15)
Hey John,

How am I able to go back to those hands? I did not save any of them.

Is there anything now that I can do? Or is my run over with?

Thanks,

Bob X

Old
Thu Jan 03, 2013, 11:07 AM
(#16)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Bob!

You can request them thru the client. Requests, then Hand History and you can have them e-mailed to you.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com