Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Sun Dec 23, 2012, 02:43 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2012
Hi, I am new to pokerstars can you please assist me with Bankroll Builder.

Thanks,

Old
Sun Dec 23, 2012, 04:03 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
qualification - Mon Dec 24, 2012, 05:10 AM
(#3)
I've signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I want to know if I qualify for this promotion. I'm new there and never deposited anything.

Old
Mon Dec 24, 2012, 05:58 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam69568 View Post
I've signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I want to know if I qualify for this promotion. I'm new there and never deposited anything.
Hi,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started' live training sessions.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Note that due to the holidays there will be no live training sessions on December 24th or 25th. The next 'Getting Started' session is on December 26th.

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
attend in training - Mon Dec 24, 2012, 09:25 AM
(#5)
Dear Raiser,

I have already attended I think two of the 'Getting Started' live training sessions yesterday or the day before that. Could you please tell me that would be acceptable or not?

Thank you very much,
Have a good holiday

Old
Wed Dec 26, 2012, 08:28 AM
(#6)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Dear Raiser,

I have already attended I think two of the 'Getting Started' live training sessions yesterday or the day before that. Could you please tell me that would be acceptable or not?

Thank you very much,
Have a good holiday
Hi,

Yes we can see that you have attended on the 22nd of December. Did you find it useful? Did you learn something from it that you didn't know before?

Next up play some 9-handed full-ring play money tables. Make sure the tables have no empty seats.

Find a hand that caused you difficulty or cost you chips and using the hand replayer post it here in the Forum.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Once you've posted your hand we will analyse it for you and then continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
hand 33 - Wed Dec 26, 2012, 03:12 PM
(#7)

Trouble in weak pockets

Old
allin after the flop - Wed Dec 26, 2012, 03:29 PM
(#8)

Do I the right after flop?

Old
Wed Dec 26, 2012, 03:43 PM
(#9)
Dear Raiser,
Thank you very much for yor reply. I have got a lot from training sesion. I played in play money and win about 1000.
I have posted two of the hands, one for troubling with weak pockets like 33, another hand Q5 for raising after flop.
Regards,

Old
Wed Dec 26, 2012, 05:09 PM
(#10)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi sam69568!

With 33 in the BB, I would call if it is only the min raise to 4 chips, but when there is an abnormally large raise to 64 this becomes an easy muck for me as the only way I will most likely win the pot is to hit another 3. I want to be putting chips into the pot when I'm ahead and the favorite to win the hand, not when I'm going to be behind.

---------
With Q5o preflop, this is a very, very bad hand and should be mucked immediately. I only want to be playing strong hands when out of position, not a very weak hand.

After the flop, I want to size my bets based on the size of the pot. A 1/2 pot bet is a standard size, especially in a heads-up situation. I do not want to make abnormally large bets of 5X the size of the pot, especially with a weak hand. Yes, I have top pair, but I have a very bad kicker, which will most likely lose the pot for me. Top pair/bad kicker is a marginal hand at best and will normally lose more pots than it wins, especially with multiple opponents in the hand.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Dec 27, 2012, 10:18 AM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I have got a lot from training sesion. I played in play money and win about 1000.
Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
pass the quiz - Sun Dec 30, 2012, 05:34 AM
(#12)
Dear Sir,

I passed the quiz. What is the next step?

Thanks,

Old
Sun Dec 30, 2012, 10:19 AM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Dear Sir,

I passed the quiz. What is the next step?

Thanks,
Hi sam69568,

You've passed the basics quiz, congrats on that!

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

Also, please attend an 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This should help too.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 30, 2012, 03:38 PM
(#14)
Hi

I received the first buy-in. I will do your recommendation and will back soon.

Thank you very much

Old
Wed Jan 02, 2013, 07:09 AM
(#15)
Hi,
Thank you very much for your efforts. Here is some hands I had some problem. Please explain about them. I will attend to Bet Sizing training session today or tomorrow and will inform you.

Old
Wed Jan 02, 2013, 03:47 PM
(#16)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Hi,
Thank you very much for your efforts. Here is some hands I had some problem. Please explain about them. I will attend to Bet Sizing training session today or tomorrow and will inform you.

Hi sam69568

First hand 510s: I strongly recommend folding this hand pretty much every time preflop. It just doesn't win often enough to be profitable. One of the biggest leaks new players have, is playing too many hands. Sticking to strong starting hands makes it much easier to know where you stand post flop. In other words, sticking to strong starting hands makes it easier to make money

Secondly, if you are going to play a hand and it has folded around to you, I recommend always opening with a standard raise. Don't limp.

Second hand 1010: Pocket tens are a good starting hand. You are usually ahead preflop, but any J, Q, K or A on the flop is going to be scary. Also notice that you only have 79 cents at the start of the hand. UTG raises to 6 cents and the btn 3-bets to 18. Due to your small stack size, I suggest making a plan now for how you intend to continue with the hand. If you call, what will you do if the UTG 4-bets? Do you plan on folding on the flop if a scare card such as an A comes? Personally, I think calling 18 cents (nearly 20%) then folding is not worth it. Therefore, I suggest either folding to the 3-bet, or 4-betting all in yourself. By 4-betting you may win the hand preflop or at least isolate the btn. 4-betting also ensures that you get to see all five cards. Whether I fold or 4-bet will be dependent on my reads on the villains.

Final hand A7o: Similar to the first hand, I strongly suggest folding weak aces from early postion. Far too often you will flop an A and lose a big pot because the villain has a better kicker. Furthermore, with A7o you have no suitedness to help you with a flush draw nor do you have any connectedness to help you with a straight draw. Ax can be fine to raise an unopened pot from late postion, but from early position it will just cost you money in the long run.

Try to be patient and stick to good starting hands

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Thu Jan 03, 2013, 06:54 AM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)
Hi ,

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Bet Sizing' live training sessions.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Prepare some questions that you might like to ask the trainer while you are attending.

Let me know once you have attended this session and we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
bet sizing - Sat Jan 05, 2013, 10:46 AM
(#18)
hi
I have attended one of the 'Bet Sizing' live training sessions
by Horror77. What is the next?
Thanks

Old
Sat Jan 05, 2013, 12:11 PM
(#19)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
hi
I have attended one of the 'Bet Sizing' live training sessions
by Horror77. What is the next?
Thanks
Hi sam69568,

Perfect, how did you find the session? Did you learn anything from it and if so what?

Next Step

Now it's time to study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Once you've passed the quiz post back here and we'll continue on tomorrow.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jan 11, 2013, 05:57 PM
(#20)
Hi,

After spending more and more time, now I passed the NL-Cash quiz,
It was really tricky. What should I do now

Regards,

sam

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com