Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll builder

Old
Bankroll builder - Sun Dec 23, 2012, 07:58 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2012
I'll have a crack pls

Old
Mon Dec 24, 2012, 06:02 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtens View Post
I'll have a crack pls
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 25, 2012, 01:34 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Xtens,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 26, 2012, 06:26 PM
(#4)
Have just completed getting started with GarethC23 @ 18:00 on 26 Dec.

Also did the 2 sessions following the getting started session. All three were with Gareth. This is a sensations service and I got a lot from it. I'll be doing a more of those. Thx

Last edited by Xtens; Wed Dec 26, 2012 at 10:00 PM..

Old
Wed Dec 26, 2012, 09:58 PM
(#5)

A lucky BB checked and ready to be chucked and flopped a draw. Bet for the draw unsuccessfully but got the 8s paired. Continued hoping for the draw and paired the 9s. Wrong all over the place I suspect..

Last edited by Xtens; Wed Dec 26, 2012 at 10:03 PM..

Old
Wed Dec 26, 2012, 10:19 PM
(#6)

Short handed, in LP Raised with JTo
TTK flopped 8). Probably didnt put enough value into turn bet at 50% of pot. with the FH on the river I 50% again and folded. Could I have played this any better?

Old
Fri Dec 28, 2012, 12:58 AM
(#7)
So whats next?

Old
Fri Dec 28, 2012, 12:51 PM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Xtens!

With the second worst hand in hold-em, I'm happy to see a free flop, as I would not want to put another chip into this pot preflop with such a bad hand.
I flop an OESD and I'm going to check and hope that the opps behind check and give me a free card. I do not want to make a bet here, as I most definitely do not have the best hand now.
The turn basically kills my hand, as anyone with a 5 or 10 now has a straight and anyone with diamonds now has a flush. I will check here and fold to any bet from any opp. I only want to be putting my chips in when I'm ahead, not when I'm most likely drawing dead (I cannot beat a straight nor flush with any card).

With JT from the button, I'm going to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper, so I will raise to 10.
The flop gives me trip 10's and when the opp checks to me, I'll make a standard value bet of 1/2 pot (11 chips). I don't want to bet too small (give the opp the correct odds to draw to beat me), nor too large here (make them fold a worse hand), so will go with a standard bet.
The same thing on the turn, I'll once again make a standard 1/2 pot value bet (21).
The river gives me a full house and I want to make another value bet when the opp checks to me. Here, I want to bet whatever amount I think the opp will call. Typically, I'll go with just under a 1/2 pot bet, BUT, if I think the opp will call more, I'll bet more.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 28, 2012, 12:54 PM
(#9)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Xtens!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 28, 2012, 04:36 PM
(#10)
All Courses passed a few days ago

Last edited by Xtens; Fri Dec 28, 2012 at 04:39 PM..

Old
Fri Dec 28, 2012, 07:44 PM
(#11)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Xtens!

Please ONLY do things when you are instructed to do so. If not, it will not get you through the process sooner... it will take much longer, as you will have to do things over and over again.

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know when you receive the buy-in and attend the training session.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 28, 2012, 08:32 PM
(#12)
OK Thank you. Im sorry but as Im learning the game and this process steps arent documented anywhere to know what i can and cant do Ive looked to do everything i can to learn.

Ive completed all the training courses and passed them and have attended as many of the live training sessions as I possibly can. I'm am finding them all very informative and I think its improving my game.

The bet sizing live training was completed on Dec 26 with GarethC23 @ 18:20ish and I have received the $2 buy in. I'll get on later today and see if I can do something with it.

Thx, Xtens

Old
Fri Dec 28, 2012, 08:58 PM
(#13)
I assume that means 1c/2c US$ tebles and doesnt include the Euro or Stirling tables or does it not matter?

Old
Fri Dec 28, 2012, 10:05 PM
(#14)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Xtens!

Please attend a Bet Sizing training session. It has to be after I posted for you to attend it or it does not count.

You are correct that you must play only the 1/2 cent US$ full ring (9-player) tables. Playing any other format will make you ineligible for any further buy-ins.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 30, 2012, 03:51 AM
(#15)
Just completed the Bet Sizing Live training with Andy AHAR010 at Sunday 30 DEC 2012 @ 03:20.

Had a great nite on the cash table last night.

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

This was one that I thought went OK. Had 98s in late and had all the villains fold so raised 4BB and got one of the blinds follow me. Flopped a dream, catching a straight draw and flush. Now I'm not sure if I did the right thing next. Maybe I should have hit it with a medium or large bet but I half potted and was called. K on the turn was no help and got a check from villain. I half potted the bet again - and he folded giving me the win.

Cheers Xt

Old
Mon Dec 31, 2012, 04:16 PM
(#16)
Had a couple of good sessions at the real money tables and then ran into some hard luck and lost the lot on KK vs AA.

Whats the next step pls?

Old
Tue Jan 01, 2013, 01:26 PM
(#17)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtens View Post
Just completed the Bet Sizing Live training with Andy AHAR010 at Sunday 30 DEC 2012 @ 03:20.

Had a great nite on the cash table last night.

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

This was one that I thought went OK. Had 98s in late and had all the villains fold so raised 4BB and got one of the blinds follow me. Flopped a dream, catching a straight draw and flush. Now I'm not sure if I did the right thing next. Maybe I should have hit it with a medium or large bet but I half potted and was called. K on the turn was no help and got a check from villain. I half potted the bet again - and he folded giving me the win.

Cheers Xt

Hi Xtens

Raising with98s from position is great. However, I would suggest sticking to the standard bet size of 3x, 6 cents. Suited connectors miss most flops. There is no need to put more money than neccessary into the pot.

Post flop you played well and raising the flop and turn looks good. With a straight and flush draw, you have a 60% chance of getting one of your draws. So, bet for value every street. The K may actually be a great card for you. If the villain has AK and you make a straight or draw on the river, there is a good chance you will win a big pot.

Nice hand

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Tue Jan 01, 2013, 04:45 PM
(#18)
Thx Roland. What would you like me to do next pls?

Old
Tue Jan 01, 2013, 06:30 PM
(#19)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Xtens!

It's time to now attend the Cash Basics live training session.

Also, study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Once you've passed the quiz and attended the live training session, post back here and we'll continue.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 02, 2013, 06:54 PM
(#20)
Thx John,

Completed the cash basics with GarethC23 @ 18:00 on 26 Dec and again just now on Wednesday 02 JAN 2013 18:40 - 19:00 (ET) again with GarethC23.

Have completed the cash game courses and passed the quiz. Whats next?

Cheers Xtens

Last edited by Xtens; Wed Jan 02, 2013 at 06:57 PM.. Reason: wrong date time for game. difficult with time zones

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com