Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL Zoom Weak Fold?

Old
25NL Zoom Weak Fold? - Mon Dec 24, 2012, 12:16 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
Villain 1 was 24/14, AF:2.3 after 86 hands.

Villain 4 was 19/0, AF: 3.0 after 29 hands. Flop donkbet: 50% (4)
Had a note on him previously that he flat PFR in the BB with 82s. Flopped flush. Led out in the 4-way pot, got into raising war with me, and went all in. Won my 2 pairs AQo. Think was less than 100bb.

So this hand he limps UTG. Shoved on dry board. Thought for some time before folding cos I think we're beating only A8, 8x, and hopefuly 55-77. Afraid he slowplayed TT+.

Also in view of BTN player behind us, I folded. Could I have folded the best hand??

Old
Tue Dec 25, 2012, 09:46 PM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2011
Hey Awesome

Yes you could have folded the best hand, but that's not the most important question. The question is whether we were getting the right price and I don't think we were in this situation. I think, given your note, that you are going to run into a 4X hand, 88, or a better overpair a bit too often to justify the price we are getting, taking into account that the button is only going to continue after we call with hands that have our nines crushed, and they aren't going to fold hands that have us crushed too often, maybe TT/JJ some amount of the time.

So with that in mind we are just in a kind of rough spot. It is certainly not a clear money maker, and given your reads as they are I agree with the fold.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com