Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

6bet shove early in tournament

Old
6bet shove early in tournament - Mon Dec 24, 2012, 02:29 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012
Heey guys,

I've been playing for a while at the micros and i've qualified for the bigger 11 tournament

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=BC3873BA0C

Villian stats was 38/25,but just played 16 hands so far and dont have solid reads on him/her.
He min-raised utg,i have KK and 3bet to 180,pretty standard I think. Everyone folded and the guy made a 4bet to 450.I tank and i came up with 2 things,he have me beat or not.I mean,by 4betting he probably has a pair like JJ,QQ or AA.I dont think he will 4bet with AQs or AKs because he played a pretty loose,see stats.
I opt to make a 5bet and if he going to shove,i will call it!

Result,that guy has 99 and flopped a set....

Was this the right play.I mean,we were so early in the tournament and we were so deepstacked.

Thanks guys

Old
Mon Dec 24, 2012, 04:32 PM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2011
Don't be too results oriented. If anyone should be doubting his play, imho it's the villain. Pocket 9 is NOT a hand to be getting it all in with this early on. Pocket K on the other hand, I don't mind at all. Better luck next time.

The Road to Fame and Fortune - Keeping track of my poker semi-career
Keep up to date: @Ov3rsight

Old
Tue Dec 25, 2012, 01:05 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2012
Hey MolaSalo

I like your bet sizing and I like the line you took. Your 5bet sizing is good because in villains mind it gives him some fold equity if he decides to shove.

Were not ever folding Kings here especially against a 38/25.

Nice hand , Chris.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com