Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Wed Dec 26, 2012, 09:44 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2012
BronzeStar
Hi all,

Just signed up to PSO and am wondering if I qualify?

Looking forward to following the course and building up a bankroll.

Thanks,

Old
Wed Dec 26, 2012, 10:39 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 26, 2012, 01:30 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Just played for a couple of hours on the play money tables, 1/2 full ring. Sat down with 100BB and am up to 2643BB. Had a few really good pots. This was one of the first big pots.

This was the biggest pot of the session. There were other good ones but really just getting it all in with the best hand.

This was the biggest pot I lost. I dont think there was really anything incorrect about it. I got it in with the best hand and got rivered.

Anyway, thanks for any input.

Old
Wed Dec 26, 2012, 01:44 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Oh, and that last hand. I had a pretty good feeling that the guy had a Kx type hand, so knew I was ahead, which is why when another K came on the river, I just checked.. I had to call the 290 bet though.. I mean, 290 to win 1400.. I just had to call. With how everyone was playing at that table, he could have had anything.. Also, everyone at that table was a maniac. No idea how to bet size and called everything with anything. Quite a few of the pots I won were at showdown, against something like J high or bottom pair, etc.. The kind of people you really want at your table.

Old
Wed Dec 26, 2012, 04:55 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Just finished the first quiz and think I did fairly well. Going to start the Cash Game course and play a bit more on the play money tables.

Old
Wed Dec 26, 2012, 08:04 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Just finished 3 live training sessions with Gareth. Played some 5/10 play money after that and took this loss. Sick guy 4bet shoves with A high..

Last edited by FishyBiznes; Wed Dec 26, 2012 at 08:17 PM..

Old
Thu Dec 27, 2012, 07:54 AM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi FishyBiznes,

First off, I'll make this perfectly clear. DO NOT do anything until you are instructed to do so. If you do, you will have to redo them or you can also make yourself ineligible for further buy-ins!

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL FULL RING tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Dec 27, 2012, 11:59 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Hi John, Thank you for the reply.

I had attended the live 'Getting Started with Pokerstars' training session with GarethC23 at 18:00 EST yesterday, but if necessary, will attend the one tonight as well.

The only hand that Ive really taken a big loss on so far was the one that I posted above. Not sure if I could have played it much differently though. I 3bet 3.5x the villains raise with the best hand and he 4bet shoved. At that point I knew I had the best hand, was a dry board and I was more or less pot committed, so had to call. He just got super lucky, pulling out one of the 3 As that was left.. like a 12% chance of it coming. If I could have played it differently, please let me know. I welcome any input. This is the hand in question:

Old
Thu Dec 27, 2012, 10:19 PM
(#9)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi FishyBiznes!

Please attend the training session and also play the play money tables and post a hand that you had problems with. They need to be from after the post by me that you were eligible for this promotion... not from before that.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 28, 2012, 02:26 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Hi Jim.

I am attending the Getting Started live session right now with ChewMe1. Will play some hands after that and post any tricky ones I come by.

Thanks again.

Old
Fri Dec 28, 2012, 03:09 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Had a couple questionable hands. Would love to know if I should have played them differently. Everyone at this table was loose passive and called everything. Anyway, let me know what you think. Oh, and I know there are empty spots at the table, and we're supposed to be at full tables, but it was full when I sat down and things were going well, so I didnt want to leave. A couple of those empty seats were players that I felted as well, if that counts, Lol.

and if I may post a hand that actually went well. Very passive table, although they called pretty well any bet.

Last edited by FishyBiznes; Fri Dec 28, 2012 at 05:15 PM..

Old
Fri Dec 28, 2012, 05:39 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
This one was just ridiculous. The way this guy bets.. I guess I could have gotten away from this hand..

Old
Fri Dec 28, 2012, 11:10 PM
(#13)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi FishyBiznes!

With 55 and two limps in front of me, I want to limp behind to try to setmine, not to raise as 55 does not play very well post-flop as there will normally be multiple overcards. I don't want to bloat the pot when I most likely will not have the best hand after all 5 cards are on the board.
Because of the raise preflop, when the opps check to me, I will make a standard c-bet, which for two opps and a flush draw on the board for me is 2/3 pot (30).
When this bet is called, I want to get to showdown if possible and will check the rest of the way and fold to any bet since I'm most likely beat.

With AA, I want to make a std raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. With 2 limpers, I will raise to 10.
I see a 5-way flop that has all spades. When it checks to me, I'm going to make a pot-sized bet. I want to try to get some of the opps to fold, so that the rest of the hand will be easier to play.
The turn is what should be a blank and when it checks to me, I'm going to make a 1/2 pot value bet. The same on the river. If I get raised, it will most likely be from a flush and I'll need to muck.

With 56s and a limp in front of me, this is an easy muck for me. The hand is marginal at best and I have to play the hand out of position, which is a HUGE disadvantage. Due to this, I'm much better off waiting for better cards or being in position.
When others call a raise and an A hits the flop, it is an easy check/fold, as bottom pair is basically NEVER going to be ahead in a multiway pot. Muck and save the chips for a better situation. Patience is a virtue at a poker table.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 29, 2012, 01:24 AM
(#14)
BronzeStar
Hey John,

Thats a huge help. Thanks so much for all your input.

So question. For pocket pairs. Raise 9s plus and flat everything else? I mean, I know its very situational, depending on position and players at the table, but in general. Open any PP if checked around to. Flat 8s and below if only a couple limpers and raise 9s and above if a couple limpers.?

Thanks again.

EDIT:

By the way. What is the next step? I attended the getting started live session with ChewMe1 earlier today and his other 2 as well. So where do I go from here? Other than playing more of course heh.

Last edited by FishyBiznes; Sat Dec 29, 2012 at 01:26 AM..

Old
Sat Dec 29, 2012, 05:20 PM
(#15)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I try to flat mid/low pairs if someone has limped in front of me and either raise (3BB) or fold them if nobody is in the pot already.
I will not open any pair if it is folded to me, depending on my position, a low to mid pair may not be worth a raise, so I'll muck it.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 29, 2012, 05:23 PM
(#16)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi FishyBiznes!

Again, doing things out of order is NOT going to help you. You will have to attend the other live trainings when required.

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 30, 2012, 11:19 PM
(#17)
BronzeStar
Hi John.

Thanks again for all the input.

Ive finished the Poker Basics course and passed the quiz. I will now wait for the first buy-in and then start playing 1/2 cent full ring.

Thanks again.

Old
Mon Dec 31, 2012, 09:33 AM
(#18)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi FishyBiznes!

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know when you receive the buy-in and attend the training session.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Dec 31, 2012, 10:15 AM
(#19)
BronzeStar
Hi John,

The first buy-in has been credited and I am planning on attending the next Bet Sizing live session at 18:20 EST on Jan 2nd. I will play some 1/2 cent full ring and post any hands that I have questions about.

Thanks again.

Last edited by FishyBiznes; Mon Dec 31, 2012 at 12:16 PM..

Old
Tue Jan 01, 2013, 04:05 PM
(#20)
BronzeStar
Did not play this one well at all. I know I should have checked back the turn but these guys were playing so nitty, I had to take a stab at it.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com