Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

JJ on Bubble in MTT

Old
JJ on Bubble in MTT - Wed Dec 26, 2012, 07:20 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
This was a local live MTT. Paid top 12 and we are 6-handed on my table and playing hand-for-hand on the bubble.

I am 2nd shortest on my table with 7BB. Short stack in front of me folds and I have JJ. Big stack on my immediate left (35BB) has played very tight and the other 3 layers are hovering around 10-15BB mark. All seem to be solid regs.

So my question is, do I shove or fold and sneak into the money?

It is £20 buy in and 10th-12th win £45. First is around £500ish with 7th being worth just over £100.

Thoughts?

Jimbo

Old
Wed Dec 26, 2012, 08:25 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi jamesthefish,

Absolutely shoving here. JJ is a hand we'd like to get allin preflop on 7BBs all day long.

In a MTT that pays 12 apots a min cash is generally not very significant compared to 1st prize (depends on the structure of course), so we can afford to gamble even when close to the bubble. The reason we can gamble is because there's a very big upside to getting allin and JJ holding up as the best hand.

GoodLuck
Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com