Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Pls Help Me out On this FREAK..

Old
Pls Help Me out On this FREAK.. - Wed Dec 26, 2012, 10:53 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2012

I totally freak out with this guy who actually have nothing on hand not even a pair with a flop like that he actually a GOD of poker i assume n kinda jokes me out n i lost to a of Q T hand... Its a Joke lol if he have A A or mb a 9 9 i would rather satisfied with this result

Last edited by gil19081981; Wed Dec 26, 2012 at 10:59 PM..

Old
Thu Dec 27, 2012, 04:32 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Hi gil,

I'd say that is a flawless hand that you played - you just got unlucky. You do want people making those kinds of speculative calls because that is where you can make the most money from in the long run. You just have to shrug off the times when your hand does not hold up and dont let it affect your future play.

Live Trainer

Old
Thu Dec 27, 2012, 07:56 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSO-xflixx View Post
Hi gil,

I'd say that is a flawless hand that you played - you just got unlucky. You do want people making those kinds of speculative calls because that is where you can make the most money from in the long run. You just have to shrug off the times when your hand does not hold up and dont let it affect your future play.

Flawless???

Old
Thu Dec 27, 2012, 10:07 AM
(#4)
Damn moral values are compelling me to explain my outburst.

I will not get into everything now and will instead just focus on the initial mistake I see.

Flawless is how you describe checking from the BB with a made hand vs 1 limper? This hand needed to be raised pre. (3x if it was me)The check pre does nothing for us if we spike a set as you did on the flop and leaves us with nothing to work with. As played the 4c bet on flop is almost always going to be called by a draw hand as well as made hands such as top pair. The latter of course is what we want but again with the pot so small extracting value out of our opponent is the equivalent to squeezing blood from a rock if he is on a draw.

I feel this approach was weak and will get us in more trouble than it will gain us money.

Old
Fri Dec 28, 2012, 11:18 PM
(#5)
After some discussion and the knowledge you will be here to answer me I want to explain the reasons I see the hand played poorly pre-flop.

As I well stated above it is a made hand we hold. Pokerstove will tell us that vs one opponent we have a better win percentage over every unpaired hand with the exception of AK. Considering he limped in AK is most likely not what he has here.

Another reason was the pot size. At the 1c/2c level even though the comparison of bet to stack is the same as higher buy-ins, to the average player at this level it isn't. Meaning the 4c bet post flop doesn't appear as much to this player as say in the same situation on 5c/10c table this bet would be 20c into a 24c pot and thus appears "more" to a player.

I think one of the most important reasons though is our table image. What are we telling our opponents (the limper and everyone else on the table) about ourselves with this line? I feel this play is weak and passive and the image of such is bad for us in the long run.

Ring tables are not for the meek, you must have cojones to be good on a ring table and checking here doesn't cut it.

I await your response so that I can consider your thoughts as to why checking this hand here can be "good" for us.

Last edited by joker41673; Fri Dec 28, 2012 at 11:22 PM..

Old
Sat Dec 29, 2012, 05:27 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Hi joker,

raising pre certainly is an option, but one that I would only take with a good read on the opponent to be limp/calling and then playing fit or fold on the flop.

My take on checking small pairs like deuces in the bb especially at microstakes levels is the bad playability postflop even though they have a small equity advantage preflop.

The problem is that in most cases you will not be able to realize your equity and showdown value with a small pair without making a set.

More often you will find yourself in spots flopping tough-to-play boardtextures with 2-3 overcards trying to barrel people off made hands/draws, looking for 2 outs to spike and never really knowing if your pair will be any good at showdown.

Most money at microstakes will mostly be made by making hands anv valuebetting them relentlessly since people generally do not like to fold for those small amounts of money.

Live Trainer

Old
Sat Jan 05, 2013, 02:07 AM
(#7)
I wanted to rebut but I will just leave it that I disagree with you here.

You are the trainer and I should respect you and let your word be the final say here.

I will say I hope like hell we Americans get back on stars again cause I will be waiting for these players waving my Big Brass Cojones all over the table.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com