Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Software & Videos & Literature /

ICM Query

Old
ICM Query - Fri Dec 28, 2012, 08:59 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
OMG,OMG,OMG

I have just downloaded a learning tool, it was called ICM trainer, I was doing a course on it similar to the courses on PSO, whilst playing a SNG.
After I had finished my SNG, I noticed a pokerstars warning, omg threatening to ban me as it had detected this training program, which does not attach itself to stars in any way.I just thought I was doing a quiz type program with analysis.

Can some one explain this one to me im majorly confused, not even sure what ICM is in poker.

I have deleted this software instantly,should i be worried.

Old
Fri Dec 28, 2012, 09:38 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
***Moved to appropriate forum***

Hi Holdemace,

I have no experience dealing with this software so I can't give you any first hand help or advice. I think you would be best emailing support@pokerstars.com if you are worried about any 3rd party software.

Hope you get it sorted

Oliver

Follow me on: Twitter

Old
Fri Dec 28, 2012, 09:43 AM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2011
Thanks Oliver, I have contacted security, just first place I thought of was pso, panic lol

Old
Fri Dec 28, 2012, 10:56 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
It's fine to train yourself in ICM, just don't pop it on while playing

**Link removed as per PSO ToS - Croyd93 (Oliver)**

You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Last edited by Croyd93; Fri Dec 28, 2012 at 11:34 AM.. Reason: Removed link as site has adverts for PS competitors

Old
Fri Dec 28, 2012, 12:48 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
ICM analyzers are fine to use in your study and analysis post game, but are not allowed to be used while the PS client is running. Some software is clear to use anytime, some is prohibited, and some clear to use only when the PS client is not running.

Bookmark this link for future reference:

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/prohibited/

Any time you are interested in a program or something that's not on this list, email pokerstars support with a link to the website and ask them to review it, just to be on the safe side.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 28, 2012, 11:37 PM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
Can someone help me out here? I thought ICM was independent chip model which in a nutshell is placing a higher value on the chips the closer you get to the final table. Meaning a 3k pot won on the first hand doesn't hold the same value as a 3k pot at the bubble and we use this to re-calculate our new equity.

I know I'm off here and will admit to having not done enough research on this subject beforehand.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com