Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

to PSO trainers

Old
to PSO trainers - Fri Dec 28, 2012, 04:00 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
i just wanted so say TY to all the trainers here at PSO . i like the hand evaluation fourm , i think u guys may have learned me something maybe u have even helped me find a huge hole in my game. i just wanted to thank everyone here at pso and wish you all the best in the newyear,,,,,THANK YOU ALL AGAIN

Old
Fri Dec 28, 2012, 05:07 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
Thank you for the kind words kingkong263 Happy new year and best of luck at the tables !

Cheers, Chris.

Old
Fri Dec 28, 2012, 09:31 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Thanks kingkong, very glad to hear you're finding the training available here useful.

All the best in the new year to you too!

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 28, 2012, 10:01 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
I too have the utmost respect of what the HAs do here. I can't imagine it being a fun or easy job to do but I do wish there was a way of selecting who the HA is. People play different styles and this is true for the HA personnel as well. It is for this reason I feel that some HAs are better than others depending on your style of play.

So on that note can any of you explain to me why this HA said this hand was "flawless"?

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...-On-this-FREAK..

Old
Fri Dec 28, 2012, 10:44 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hey joker,

Sometimes HA's don't agree on the best way to play hands, sometimes players don't agree with us... usually on basic stuff we all are in general agreement but in other spots we may not be. Flix is a good trainer and HA imo. He's a winning player, and I've attended a lot of his live trainings and like his knowledge level and communication of concepts. I also like his HA. But that doesn't mean he, like myself or anyone else, can't make a mistake sometimes (we all do) or that there's sometimes not more than one way to profitably play a hand or situation (and sometimes which way is the most profitable may be wide open for debate).

So I looked at the thread you linked, I think when he says it was flawless, really he's just saying he thinks it was played optimally. I also read your reply, the idea of sweetening the pot preflop should we hit a set has some value too. Your idea behind raising because 22 is a made hand I don't personally agree with... yes it's a made hand that post flop will be an underpair to the board the vast majority of the time... it's post flop playability is terrible. But against certain player types I would raise here myself... for instance against a fit or fold type I would raise it up and c-bet any flop, knowing they'll fold their limp pre + call and fold their non-fits post often enough for this to be immediately profitable. Plus I have the extra equity of flopping some sets. Of course this line is more tailored to that player type not the actual hand value we hold.

At any rate, Flix may not have seen your reply, but I'll point it out so he can respond.

If you have other issues with trainers or HA's please feel free to contact me directly.

Thanks,
Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 28, 2012, 10:55 PM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
Thanks Dave, great reply. I feel that my general point was that checking that hand from the BB vs one lone limper appears weak and passive and therefore creates a bad table image for you.

I look forward to his reply so that this could be discussed.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com