Since: Jul 2010
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Sat Dec 29, 2012, 12:08 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi king,

I don't like calling down here tbh. Although you got a good result in this hand, I think the frequency with which a random unknown will be bluffing in this spot (3b pre and barrel all 3 streets for value sized bets) is not nearly high enough to make calling down profitable. We are going to be shown an overpair quite frequently in this spot.

I would only take your line of check/calling all streets vs. a LAG or known big bluffer, so if you actually had a read like this it would be fine but without it I think you're losing money in the long run. I would generally check-call 1 street and then either check-fold to a big turn bet, or bet/fold the turn.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by TheLangolier; Sat Dec 29, 2012 at 12:15 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com