Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Non-English Chat

Old
Non-English Chat - Fri Dec 28, 2012, 11:42 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
I'm curious why there is a rule against non-English chat. I watch the same players chat in other languages every night, they are reported to moderators repeatedly and never seem to be punished with even a chat ban.

If the rule isn't being enforced, why have it??

Last edited by joy7108; Fri Dec 28, 2012 at 11:42 PM.. Reason: typo

Old
Fri Dec 28, 2012, 11:48 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
?Que?

Old
Fri Dec 28, 2012, 11:51 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi Joy,

When reported, the player MUST have at least 4 lines of at least 4 words to get a warning
Then that player will get a 1 hour ban ONLY after 8 warnings

So you continuously have to call a MOD for it to take effect

Hope this help
(I was a Mod for 6 months)

Old
Sat Dec 29, 2012, 01:45 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2011
At least I now know not to bother reporting anyone ! What a stupid rule.

One reason why you would never want to be a Mod.

Last edited by Spartan642; Sat Dec 29, 2012 at 01:46 AM.. Reason: typo

Old
Sat Dec 29, 2012, 02:00 AM
(#5)
8 warnings .... damn!

You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Old
Sat Dec 29, 2012, 02:39 AM
(#6)
Since: Apr 2012
oh wow, didn't even know there was a rule against non English chat...its like the norm. There's lots of Europeans on and so I never thought this rule would exist.

Not a lot of chat happens anyway for me to worried about what they are saying.

Old
Sat Dec 29, 2012, 02:58 AM
(#7)
In my early days i blocked individuals chat at the table, but this lead to alot of stars after their names. Then i went to main table options and turned of all chat. This allowed me too focus on the cards at the table until recently. I have turned the chat back on because i now have started to play the player a bit more....

Old
Sun Dec 30, 2012, 09:03 AM
(#8)
(Moderator)
Hi
FYI:- On the English speaking PS site, it is important that all players can understand what is being said to keep the game fair. The number of non English words are not counted, nor are the number of number of lines,unless things have changed recently, The usual way that a mod handles calls regarding the use of none English is to go to the table concerned and remind players to only use English chat, (if they disregard the table education, it maybe because they do not understand English) a further reminder is given, if this fails then the offending player/s will be sent an email in which ever language they have choosen, and they will have there chat suspended for 3hrs or more depending on the players chat history which mods have access to. The longest chat ban for the continued use of non English was, untill May of this year when i stopped being a chat moderator on main, one week

So please, if your find that the use of non English chat on the English speaking PS site disturbing your play, call a mod and be assured that they will take the appropriate action to keep the game fair for all players.

If you would like more information you can email chat@pokerstars.com they are always very helpful.

Last edited by wiltshireman; Sun Dec 30, 2012 at 09:16 AM..

Old
Sun Dec 30, 2012, 09:59 AM
(#9)
(Moderator)
Hi Sand
Thanks for your post, out of interest i was a PS main site mod for about 4years and resigned in May 2012 (this year)

I suggest you take another look at your notes.

Old
Sun Dec 30, 2012, 10:35 AM
(#10)
I did

- Make sure there's at least 4 words (not to count words like jajaja, hola as an example)
- Make sure there's at least 4 lines of conversation (not necessarily all at once)
- After 7 notes in the file, give a formal warning (e-mail)
- Then you follow the steps of penalties (hour, day, week etc.)

I remember being reprimanded for being to fast on the trigger about it.

I did it for 6 months also on the main site, then quit, when I realize, that it was a waste of time.

PS. There was never a 3 hour ban, it was 1 hour or 4 hours, 8 hours, than 1 day, more 1 days etc. and for your info, I think it was Rose who was my mentor at that time.

Last edited by Sandtrap777; Sun Dec 30, 2012 at 10:42 AM..

Old
Sun Dec 30, 2012, 11:37 PM
(#11)
There were 6 involved, two players and 4 on the rail. There were many lines of chat, and many with more than 4 words. The moderator was called six times in under an hour. One comment even referenced a hand I had show down previously. This was at a final table, once it was 3 handed I was too busy to call.

It did slow down a little once we got to HU, and my story has a happy ending, since I won the tourney.

Old
Mon Dec 31, 2012, 09:39 PM
(#12)
Unfortunately this has the same ending as always... the silenced one.

Congrats on the win Joy.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com