Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL Zoom: Is it a mistake to call in SB?

Old
25NL Zoom: Is it a mistake to call in SB? - Sun Dec 30, 2012, 08:30 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2012

No reads on pfraiser, apart from stack size.
BB is 12/8 over 78 hands

Is it better to 3bet in sb versus this short stack/fish type?

When it's checked to the turn & villain bets 1/2 pot, I think it's ok to call?

On river, getting 3/1, so only need to be ahead 25% of time? Ok to call?

Thanks

Carl

Old
Sun Dec 30, 2012, 01:05 PM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2011
Hey Carl

Turn call is definitely good, actually, I would prefer we lead out outselves and protect the equity we have in the hand. We can get called by worse but we also fold out a lot of 6 out hands that are freerolling our vulnerable eights.

In terms of preflop I like 3bet/calling versus a lot of players on this stack size, but we can't be sure it is +EV readless, or HUDless. So I do like calling knowing we won't get squeezed out too often by the BB and that actually BB can call with a lot of broadways we have implied odds against.

Problem is BTN might not get it in as wide as they should and we could make a -EV call after 3betting. Our hand also plays poorly out of position on the flop against the button's calling range of our three-bet.

Once we do check the turn though we have to call the bet and once we get this river, one of the best possible rivers for us, I think we are forced to call the river bet as well, but I don't like it. I think we could have made more money in the hand if we had seized the betting lead on the turn ourselves

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com