Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL Zoom Triple Donkbet

Old
25NL Zoom Triple Donkbet - Sun Dec 30, 2012, 11:28 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
Villain was LP, 49/6, AF:2.8 over 88 hands. Flop donkbet: 23%(13), Turn donkbet: 0%(1)

Taking into account his villain type and bet sizing, I made the River fold. He was sort of implying he has boat by taking this line. By calling, will we get shown 55 and KJ, or AK, KQ, busted flush draw more often? Hate it if I worried too much and got bluffed off the best hand

Last edited by TheAwesomeNW; Sun Dec 30, 2012 at 11:55 PM..

Old
Mon Dec 31, 2012, 03:10 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
ouch.. thats a tough 1...
1stly, i really like the preflop raise sizing. i'd probably wud have raised the flop and see wat the villain did next but i reckon if he/she reraised on the flop, i'd hv gone OTT and shoved all the chippies in their face and start posting "GK's Theorem part V" in the forum

m jus wondering wat the villain had to limp call a huge raise pre to donk all 3 streets? AJs 55?? mayb a busted flush draw?
cos KK JJ wud have raised pre n not limp rt?

the river bet looks like a value bet, so mayb the villain did have the goods and i guess the fold is the right play???

geez.. this hand got me really curious!
can't wait to find out what the trainers have to say

Old
Mon Dec 31, 2012, 08:19 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
I think his range strongly consists of 55, JJ, KJ, KK and AK.
KK i think he would come over the top pf,
im leaning more towards the 55 cause he limp called pf, and was like BAM i hit my set. lets get some value.

i think correct fold.

Last edited by behappy621; Mon Dec 31, 2012 at 08:22 AM..

Old
Mon Dec 31, 2012, 01:28 PM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2011
Hey Awesome

Tough spot no doubt about it. I think preflop is great of course.

On the flop seeing a 23% donk bet % I do feel like raising is going to be our bet diection. If our opponent decides to make a substantial three-bet then we can pitch it without worrying too much.

But I would expect this villain type to react passively with every hand that is worse than ours, letting us value bet them incredibly effectively and will only three-bet the flop with better (sometimes much better!) allowing us to make a clear raise/fold for value on the flop.

Once we decline our option to raise on the flop we could raise the turn as well, but I am really hesitant to raise/fold or raise/call the turn, for that reason I like calling. Also our opponent's bet size is disconcerting and we shouldn't feel too great about the strength of our hand.

Once they fire the final shell on the river I think we have to give them credit for at least a jack. With a 23% donk lead it is certainly conceivable they could have lead a bare jack, and they therefore can represent a somewhat wide range of better on this river against which I think we have to fold.

Old
Tue Jan 01, 2013, 11:27 PM
(#5)
Since: Mar 2012
Thanks guys, I'm glad it's not a weak fold this time round. Won't have to contribute to GK Theorem V

Old
Wed Jan 02, 2013, 09:06 AM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAwesomeNW View Post
Thanks guys, I'm glad it's not a weak fold this time round. Won't have to contribute to GK Theorem V

LOL... nt contributing to the GK Theorem thread is a good thing!!!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com