Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Mon Dec 31, 2012, 10:12 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2012
Hi, I'm interested in trying the poker school if I'm eligible.
I'm very wary of giving my details online but I love poker stars and the site seems legit.

I am wondering what level I am at as I played a play money tourney earlier today and won 9000 chips for 5th place.
I have been told today that that is nothing as people don't play properly on play chips.

Anyway, I'm very interested in the ranking scheme but I'm not sure how that works. It says I'm at 33,000 but I don't know how it works yet and I want to increase my rank.

I think I'm not a complete noob as I have read a begginers book explaining pot odds etc but the advertisements for poker school suggest there a lot more to learn.

I'm interested in the changing styles most I think.

I have been playing a few free roll tourneys in the hope of getting a small prize so I could try out a cash game and see how different they are to play money which I don't find too hard to at least creak even.
The freerolls are insanely hard for me at least.

What I would like to know is what to do next in the school.
I'm tempted to just start clicking but I'll wait for a response to this thread.

Also I'd just like to say that I'm massively dissapointed that the FPP poker school promotion is hidden in this section of site I would have really liked that offer.

Is there anything similer?

Old
Mon Dec 31, 2012, 10:54 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hello

Welcome to the school. You'll find a useful guide to finding your way around right >>HERE<<

A list of all the current promotions at the school can be found >>HERE<<

Note however that this thread that you have started here is in the Bankroll Builder promotion section and therefore should only be used for the purpose of the >>Bankroll Builder<< promotion.

It can take up to 24-hours to find out if your account is eligible for this promotion so check back tomorrow to find out.

In the mean-time if you have a question about any other feature on the PokerSchoolOnline website you can ask them >>HERE<<

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Dec 31, 2012, 11:04 AM
(#3)
ok i'll have a read of it all and check back tomorrow

Old
Tue Jan 01, 2013, 06:40 AM
(#4)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighCardMak View Post
ok i'll have a read of it all and check back tomorrow
Hi,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started' live training sessions.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 01, 2013, 07:55 AM
(#5)
Ok Great.

I will do it today at some point but i'm going to have a good read around the site aswell.

Thanks for the exceptance.

Old
Wed Jan 02, 2013, 06:49 PM
(#6)
Hi, I have completed the basics course and am in the process of the second course.

Alot of us have registered for the 3 live training sessions but all 3 were cancelled due to technical difficultys.

Gareth the trainer said it wouldn't affect the promotion and I think most are trying again tomorrow.

We are all going to the daily game now.

Peace

Old
Thu Jan 03, 2013, 06:47 AM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Alot of us have registered for the 3 live training sessions but all 3 were cancelled due to technical difficultys.
Hi ,

Unfortunately last night's training was cancelled and I can't move you forward in the promotion until you attend the 'Getting Started' class.

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started' live training sessions.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Use the time while you are attending this session wisely, for example prepare some questions to ask the live trainer while you are there about what size of bets you should be making, it's a great way to learn.

Let me know once you have attended and we can move on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 03, 2013, 11:27 PM
(#8)
just finished a 3 and hoalf hour live session after playing in the poker school tables all day.

What is the next moove? Do I continue with the courses?
Im going to be a regular at the daily training i like it.

Old
Fri Jan 04, 2013, 08:01 AM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
just finished a 3 and hoalf hour live session after playing in the poker school tables all day.

What is the next moove? Do I continue with the courses?
Im going to be a regular at the daily training i like it.
Perfect, we can see you have attended and I'm glad you enjoyed the sessions. You'd be welcome at the Daily Game any day

Next Step

Next up play some Play Money Fullring (9-Handed) tables. Make sure that the tables are full, that is, no empty seats. All Play Money tables will be designated as 'Fun' tables in the PokerStars client.

Here's a short video about how to find the Play Money tables at PokerStars.

Once you encounter a hand that has left you facing a difficult decision or one that cost you a lot of chips save the hand history and post it here using the Hand Replayer.

Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer.

Once you post a hand from one of the Play Money 'Fun' FullRing tables we will analyse it for you and we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jan 04, 2013, 08:23 AM
(#10)
yeah o.k i will try to find a hand I'm not sure about.
I have all ready been playing ring games 2 days solid. I just donated a kidney so have a lot of time on my hands.

Anyway, I have all ready today put into practice last nights training in a free roll and actually got in the money.
It's only a measly 0.05 for 60th place but I'm proud of it as I just played tight and solid poker waiting for premium hands. I got 9000 play chips for a 5th place in a tourney aswell.

I know you cant do this promotion if you made a deposit so what about a win on a free roll? Will I still be able to do the promotion?

I feel a little ahead of this basic stuff it was the bet sizing that really helped me and the narrative from the daily game. I will go play some more but I don't really stop and worry about what to do. I think the daily games are where I will learn the most so I will just keep in the poker school tables and the free roll for poker school open and i will post a hand history that gets criticized by Dave or Gareth or who ever is on the job next.

I'll be back

Old
Double Jack beat - Sat Jan 05, 2013, 04:55 AM
(#11)

Getting a pair of jacks is always one that makes me think.
I have had some good wins with it but I know its not the best hole cards to get.

On this table, villain 8 who won the round was going all in on any trash hand he had and i had notes on him allready for doing this.
Pre flop i raised 6bb and .
Villain 8 as I expected was going to go all in but he does it gradually. he only had a 1000 chips at this 4000 table. Villain 1 and 2 called as did i as i didn't what to put too much in on JJ.
I didn't like the king on the board but I didn't think vi;lain 1 or 2 had it as they would have raised. i was sure villain 8 didn't have a king.
i called into 8's bet as did 2 and 1 folded.
8 chucked nearly all his remaining in when another king showed up.
i was now pretty sure 2 didnt have a king and doubted 8 had one so raised and 8 called and 2 folded as expected.
the ending is clear.
i should have thought more about him matching the low pair but took a chance.

Should i have backed out or what are your opinions?

Old
Sat Jan 05, 2013, 12:31 PM
(#12)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi HighCardMak!

IMO, pocket J's is one of, if not the toughtest hands to play preflop.

With two limpers, I will make a standard raise, to 3BB+1BB for each limper, so I will raise to 100. I want to keep all of my bets standard, so the opps are continually guessing as to the cards that I have.

There now is a raise to 440 and two calls. With knowing that villain 8 is playing ATC, the key would be the other two opps. If they are calling everything, then I'm going to just call the 440 and see the flop.

If they would possibly fold, I'd look to make a standard re-raise to try to get them out of the pot.. however, there are problems with this. My standard re-raise amount would be to between 3X the previous bet and a pot-sized raise. With 3 opps, I'd want to go with the larger of the two, but a raise to 1900 is almost half of my stack, so I'd be pot committed and need to shove, which is something that I don't want to do with JJ here.

Due to this, I'm calling and see about the worst flop I could get for JJ, an overcard and a pair. Any of the three opps with a K or 6 now has me crushed. When it's checked to me, I'm going to check behind and when I see a bet and a call behind me, I'm going to muck my JJ, as one of them most likely has me beat.

When playing against someone that will play anything, I always have to remember that lower cards are always in their range. With the flop bet/call, I would expect to see a K, 6 or pocket pair and the only thing that I can beat is a lower pocket pair than mine, so I'll save my chips for a better situaiton.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jan 05, 2013, 01:26 PM
(#13)
whats next then? keep going to tables at poker school? There dead most of the day and you only get players there very late in the day in uk.

Old
Sat Jan 05, 2013, 08:37 PM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
whats next then? keep going to tables at poker school? There dead most of the day and you only get players there very late in the day in uk.
Next Step

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jan 06, 2013, 10:48 AM
(#15)
I passed that quiz soon after you said i was aligable 3 days ago maybe 4.

Old
Mon Jan 07, 2013, 12:52 AM
(#16)
do i have to take the quiz again?

Old
Mon Jan 07, 2013, 07:46 AM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I passed that quiz soon after you said i was aligable 3 days ago maybe 4.
Hi HighCardMak,

You've passed the basics quiz, congrats on that!

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

Also, please attend an 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This should help too.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com