Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Software & Videos & Literature /

HUD worth it?

Old
HUD worth it? - Mon Dec 31, 2012, 02:12 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2012
Hi, fellow pokerplayers.

I started playing half year ago. Build my roll from 100 usd to 4 digit number.I dident have time to play much after a while and i needed the money at that time. So I cashed out.

Now im depositing 1000 usd on my account.

I will be playing majority NL cap games and sometimes PLO for fun.

So my question is. Is a HUD really worth it for me? Playing at the 0.25/0.50$ cap tables. Ive never used it so im curious.

What do you guys think?
My goal for 2013 is to reach supernova.

Regards Senjatrollet

Old
Mon Dec 31, 2012, 03:22 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
Hi SENJATROLLET

Thanks for your post and good luck with your goal for 2013.

I dont personally use a HUD but i do use Holdem Manger to analyse my play, i find it to be be a very usefull tool to look for mistakes, and weaknesses in my game.

Hope that helps

Old
Mon Dec 31, 2012, 04:40 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiltshireman View Post
Hi SENJATROLLET

Thanks for your post and good luck with your goal for 2013.

I dont personally use a HUD but i do use Holdem Manger to analyse my play, i find it to be be a very usefull tool to look for mistakes, and weaknesses in my game.

Hope that helps
Oh, I might try that.

Thank you and a happy new year to you.

Old
Mon Dec 31, 2012, 05:49 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
Thank you, and a very happy new year to you from all the team

Old
Mon Dec 31, 2012, 07:06 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
I do use a hud at the tables but I have to agree with wiltshireman that the software is great for analyzing play afterwards.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 01, 2013, 06:58 AM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2011
A HUD sent me on tilt for a bit but it has definitely improved my game especially for multi tabling. If you are going to deposit $1k then $70 isn't that much for the low stakes version.

As others have said it's more useful for tracking your own play but for multi tabling it's essential.

Old
Tue Jan 01, 2013, 11:31 AM
(#7)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
If your only playing 1-2 tables they only reason you would want HUD software is for it's away from the table analysis features. In my opinion that alone would be worth the investment.

If your planning on playing more than a couple tables at a time then in would be a very good idea to use a HUD. Since the more tables you play = less attention and concentration per table. A HUD can allow you to know and act on more information than humanly possible.

Side note/rant:

Greater than humanly possible? Only possible if you pay money? That kind of sounds like cheating? Maybe even the textbook definition of cheating.... Well, I suppose if you cannot stop it, then embrace it! I know I did eventually and found a HUD very helpful, though I have yet to actually pay for one.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com