Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Mon Dec 31, 2012, 03:18 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012
WhiteStar
Would like to know if I qualify for this?

Old
Mon Dec 31, 2012, 05:07 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9 Ball Mafia View Post
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 01, 2013, 06:41 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started' live training sessions.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jan 04, 2013, 04:56 PM
(#4)
WhiteStar
Hi Raiser,

I attended the first three live events today with Chewme1.

Old
Fri Jan 04, 2013, 05:09 PM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi Raiser,
I attended the first three live events today with Chewme1.
Hi 9 Ball Mafia,

We can see that you did attend the session today. Did you find it useful? Did you learn something from it that you didn't know before?

Just a note though that it was only the 'Getting Started' session that you needed to attend, you will have to attend the other sessions later in the promotion.

Next Step

Next up play some 9-handed full-ring play money tables. Make sure the tables have no empty seats.

Find a hand that caused you difficulty or cost you chips and using the hand replayer post it here in the Forum.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Once you've posted your hand we will analyse it for you and then continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
a beating - Fri Jan 04, 2013, 11:09 PM
(#6)
WhiteStar

Yes I found all three informative and I know ill be watching 2 of them again.

I took a real beating on the hand above. I prefer the sit and go's I do better there.

Regards
Andrew

Old
Sat Jan 05, 2013, 07:19 AM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I took a real beating on the hand above. I prefer the sit and go's I do better there.
Regards
Andrew
Cheers Andrew and thanks for posting this hand. I've asked one of the Hand Analysers to look at it for you and he'll post some feedback later on today.

The Bankroll Builder promo is a cash game promo only so any buy-ins will have to be used for the cash game tables only.

Once the hand has been reviewed for you we can continue on and I'll advise on the next step.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jan 05, 2013, 11:29 AM
(#8)
WhiteStar
Thanks Raiser,

Im looking forward to a little cash game play when I understand this game a little more

Regards
Andrew

Old
Mon Jan 07, 2013, 10:24 AM
(#9)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi 9 Ball Mafia!

While QJs is a hand with some potential and I'm in position, there are 2 limps, a raise, a 3-bet, call of a 3-bet and a 4-bet before me. With this much action in front of me, I only want to be playing premium hands and not something speculative, as QJs is most likely not the best hand here. Due to this, I'm folding preflop and looking for a better situation, either with better cards or against less opponents.

If I was in the hand and saw that I flop trip J, when it gets to me, I need to make a sizable raise. If I was against only one opp, I'd bet 1/2 pot, but with three opps I need to bet more, I'll make a pot-sized raise to 78. I need to raise this much for value, to make the opps have a -EV play to call and also to try to thin the field and have some of the opps fold. I don't want to bet less than this here, as it will give the opps a positive play to call if they are drawing to a straight or a flush.
When the turn brings another K, while I do have a full house, it's the lowest full house. Anyone with a K beats me and with all of the opps betting or raising, I'm mucking my J here, as I'm most likely beat.

The keys in this hand are that I want to be betting when I most likely have the best hand, not when I'm most likely behind or beat.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 08, 2013, 12:06 AM
(#10)
WhiteStar
Thanks John,

I really appreciate the advice and will try hard to put the
info into my game.

Regards
Andrew

Old
Tue Jan 08, 2013, 05:22 AM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Thanks John,

I really appreciate the advice and will try hard to put the
info into my game.

Regards
Andrew
Good stuff Andrew!

Next Step

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 08, 2013, 02:14 PM
(#12)
WhiteStar
Hi Raiser,

I just passed the quiz last night. Can you tell me what White star means? Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards
Andrew

Old
Tue Jan 08, 2013, 08:27 PM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi Raiser,

I just passed the quiz last night. Can you tell me what White star means? Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards
Andrew
Hi Andrew,

'Whitestar' simply means that you are a play money player. This will change as you begin playing real money games on PokerStars after which you will become a 'Bronzestar' and begin collecting FPP's. Check out >HERE< for a full explanation of how the VIP Program for FPP's (Frequent Player Points) works.

Next Step

You've passed the basics quiz, congrats on that!

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

Also, please attend an 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This should help too.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 16, 2013, 05:28 PM
(#14)
WhiteStar
Hi Raiser.

Today I played the cash game and well started good.

and Then

And finally

Please let me know if there is any hope for me?
Whats next.

Thanks
Andrew

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 02:20 AM
(#15)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi 9 Ball Mafia

First hand A7o: There are two importenat points to note with this hand. Firstly, A7o is too weak to open with from early postion and will cost you money in the long run. It is neither connected or suited which means you are basically hoping for a lucky (very rare) or flop an A. If an A does come on the flop, your 7 kicker is so low, you will often lose big pots with the second best hand becouse the opponent has a better kicker. Flopping a 7 as in this hand is risky because it will rarely be top pair. From late postion you can open with A7o, but from early postion I strongly recommend folding every time.

Secondly, any time you open a pot (first to put money in) always open with a raise. You want to open with a raise regardless of your cards.

Nice aggressive play post flop in this hand and nice win

Second hand A3s: Normally from ep this is an automatic folding hand as explained in the previous hand. Here it may be ok to open with since there are so many empty seats at the table. Nice bet size on your preflop raise.

When you get 3-bet you should fold though. Calling 3-bets too often is a common leak with beginners. Try to avoid it. The villain most likely has a pocket pair or a better A than you.

As with the hand above, nice aggressive play post flop. However, I think you got lucky in this spot. This is not a good spot to bluff. Notice that the villain is short stacked. He 3-bet preflop and bet-called the flop. Now the pot is larger than his stack. Normally it is very unlikely that the villain will fold on the remaining steeets. They usually feel committed and it appears he has some sort of hand. Had you gone to the showdown, your hand does not have that much showdown value against his range.

More importantly: For the remainder of the bankroll builder promo, and as a good general rule, try to play on full tables. It will help you make money! There are four empty seats here. You can adjust the Filter from the Holdem Lobby to only show tables with 8 players. That is what I do

Third hand AQs: With AQs you can profitably open from early position. Nice riase size. Now, when you get mini-reriased, a read would help us define the villain's range. Without a read this is normally a tell of a strong hand. Folding to a tight player would be fine. Against an unknown, I suggest just calling. Note, the villain has position on you. AK, AA, KK and QQ are definately in his range which means we will have a tough time post flop. The best flop for you would be one with a flush and/or straight draw.

This is not a good spot to 4-bet. Our hand rates to be second best at the moment. More importantly, we are out of position. Preflop AA and KK are the only hands you should normally want to call an all in raise preflop with.

Keep being aggressive, but try to be more selective on when to use it. Opening with fewer hands, but stronger hands, will allow you to be aggressive post flop with more confidence.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 05:49 AM
(#16)
(Community Coordinator)
Hi,

Take onboard the feedback Roland has left you above, it's solid advice.

Next Step

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Bet Sizing' live training sessions.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 02:07 PM
(#17)
WhiteStar
Thanks Roland for the advice. It is much appreciated and I will take that info to the tables with me. Got to stop the leaks.
Hi Raiser will attend this evening. Thanks for the help.

Regards
Andrew

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com