Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

66 good?

Old
66 good? - Tue Jan 01, 2013, 02:54 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
Hi Coaches,

Happy New Year!

I have been in this particular spot over and over again: Playing a small pocket pair against two opponents for all of my stack. UTG opened, MP called, and villain insta-shoved. I have seen him doing this with a wide range (JT as well as AK). I expect UTG to call and MP to fold. But are my 66 any good? If this is AK vs. AK, I am in great shape. Even in AK v AQ I should be ok, as they are blocking one of their outs. AJ vs. KQ or an overpair have me crushed. What would you do?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 0.5 Tournament, 75/150 Blinds (6 handed)

MP (t3430)
CO (t2180)
Button (t7810)
SB (t3250)
Hero (BB) (t1705)
UTG (t3685)

Hero's M: 7.58

Preflop: Hero is BB with ,
UTG bets t300, MP calls t300, CO raises to t2180 (All-In), 3 folds, UTG raises to t3685 (All-In), 1 fold

Flop: (t4885) , , (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: (t4885) (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t4885) (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t4885

Old
Tue Jan 01, 2013, 07:11 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi PMBG73PA,

I fold in this spot. 66 is never really in great shape in this kind of spot. You've thought about AK,AQ,KQ etc. But there's also lots of 77-AA in these ranges also and we're in terrible shape vs all those.

Shoving 66 in a situation where you can be up against overpairs or overcards is ok because we have fold equity.

Calling with 66 is completely different we have no fold equity now and our hand equity is never great, we can be a small favourite or a big dog.

Good fold.
Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 01, 2013, 08:29 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
Thanks, Andy! I folded, they had AK and AQ and I would have won the pot. But I think, too, that folding was right. Thanks for confirming my decision.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com