Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

where did i go wrong

Old
where did i go wrong - Tue Jan 01, 2013, 05:32 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner no stats , i should have made it maybe 1.25 preflop . lol lose and learn

Old
Tue Jan 01, 2013, 09:31 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi kingkong,

I'm not eager to shut V6 out of the pot, but I think we sort of have to raise again and risk it. The problem here is that we start this hand 213 bb's deep with V6, at the point where the action comes back to him after we flat .84c, he has to call .69 more to see a flop with us in position. He can win a total of $11.72 (the current pot + our stack) for implied odds of 17-1. Because of the depth of money, flatting basically is giving him a good price to take a shot at our entire stack. If the money were more shallow this wouldn't be a concern. If we didn't have a hand that's always going to be a good post flop holding likewise, but here with AA in an inflated pot it will be hard for us to get away when he does pull ahead.

I think in light of all that my preference is to raise again by clicking it back to $1.53 (this is a min raise). This gives him a bad price to try and outflop us while also doing the least possible to discourage his involvement (and we would like him involved, we just want it on our terms, not on his terms i.e. having a good price to take a shot at our stack)... since it looks like we are just trying to iso the short stack with a click back he may well decide to make a bad call and get involved anyway trying to hit a flop, or even take a hand like 99 and come over the top to re-iso which is fantastic for us.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by TheLangolier; Tue Jan 01, 2013 at 10:51 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com