Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Poker Hand Ranking Assignment // STATISTIC POST

Old
Poker Hand Ranking Assignment // STATISTIC POST - Thu Jan 03, 2013, 07:08 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
- 2 out of 4 times while in big blind (50%)
- 3 out of 4 times while in small blind (75%)
- 8 out of 13 times in other positions (61%)
- a total of 13 out of 21 (61%)
Pots won at showdown - 7 of 9 (77%)
Pots won without showdown - 0

Old
Thu Jan 03, 2013, 07:31 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Huberts.1972!

Welcome to the forum. Here's a link that will help to get you more familiar with some of the options that PSO has to offer.

These numbers won't really mean much, as it's too few hands. If this was a few thousand hands, then it would be more relevant. However, I do see that you're playing way, way too many hands. I try to aim for 20% flops total, with the SB being the lowest, followed by the BB as the 2nd lowest as I'm out of position there. It looks like you need to be more patient and fold more often.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jan 04, 2013, 08:31 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
I do think you're doing the right thing copying those stats if you don't have one of the tracking programs. You'll learn a lot just from those numbers.

JWK is giving you some spot-on good advice. I took his suggestion regarding the small blind and I'm doing a bit better. I got into the trap that I spent half to see the blind, so why not pay full price? It's a chip leaker.

One other thing I noted with this very small number of hands is how many went to showdown. Seven of thirteen hands played tells me you failed to push whenever you're leading. It sounds like you are too passive. You should have at least one of those hands won without going to showdown.

Again, this is far too small a database. Keep these records from your games and come back after: A --- 100 tournaments. B --- 5,000 hands. I know that sounds like a real mountain of hands, but from personal experience, those numbers can be hit in less than two months. If you play in the league, consider returning after one full month of numbers.

If you like to see some of my numbers, check out the topic "Stats to Drown In" in the Beginner's Questions Forum.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com