Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL - are we stacking off with a FD here?

Old
10NL - are we stacking off with a FD here? - Fri Jan 04, 2013, 04:47 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
This is a SB v BTN situation against an unknown.
Do we ship 120bb here with FD + 2 overs?

Old
Fri Jan 04, 2013, 06:02 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
Hi Geo,

Check raising with my strong draws is the kind of stuff I've been trying to add to my game lately. The resounding advice I'm getting is to have a plan. What are you going to do if you get re-raised? If you don't know then it's probably better not to put it in.

I'm a bit unsure on the best line here as the villain has a mixture of bluffs, overpairs, sets and trips in his range.I would just flat his cbet here, assuming your K and Q are outs some of the time then with 15 outs you need around 2.2-1. Also flatting allows him to bluff the turn when you hit.

Another point is that I personally would have made your x/r bigger, to nearer $2, I feel $1.50 is a bit too small and entices him to do exactly what he did. Once you decide to x/r and he re-raises fairly small, I think you have to go with it. You have blockers to KK and QQ; and have 15 outs on JJ, and 9 agaisnt AA and 8x. All in all I think if you shove here you can expect to turn a profit in the long run.

But what do I know, I'm only experimenting with this stuff at the moment

Good luck mate

Oliver

Follow me on: Twitter

Last edited by Croyd93; Fri Jan 04, 2013 at 06:04 AM..

Old
Fri Jan 04, 2013, 06:15 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
Hey Geo,
I am not really a cash player,
But my goal is to keep the pot small unless you are drawing to the nuts or near to it.
With a paired board I would try to keep the pot on the smaller side when you could be drawing dead.
Saying that I have no problems with check raise bluffing if you are ready to fold to a shove HU.

GOOD LUCK

Old
Fri Jan 04, 2013, 08:56 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Hi geo,

I don't really like xr flop here even though our hand seems to have a lot of equity. Against a typical continuing range on a paired board I actually think that our equity will be fairly poor and we will suffer some reverse implied odds against overpairs, nutflushdraws, trips etc. and it should get even worse against a flop 4betting range.

I would just xc flop and go from there.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com