Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

It's time to take measures?

Old
It's time to take measures? - Sat Jan 05, 2013, 11:25 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012
Heey guys,

Today was actually a bad day.I run very bad and lose a lot of money (cashed few times but not good enough)
I play 1,50 dollar 90man sngmtt,1,10 mtt and satelittes not more than 0,88 cent.
I started a bankroll of 170 dollars but I dropped to 120 dollars or something.

Do I have to go to lower limits or just stay at those stakes?
I know the 100 buy in rule for mtts but Im not quite sure about turbo sattelites with add ons.

My bankroll rules:
90 sngmtt or big field mtts:120 buy-in.
Turbo satellite:175 buy-ins.

Im a little worried right now,because I dont want to lose my bankroll...

Also I have one more question.I'm also very frustrated to play at the micros.Too much bad players who has so much luck Urgh*
Maybe I will take a break from playing poker for like one week...

Can you help me out guys ?

Last edited by MolaSalo; Sat Jan 05, 2013 at 11:38 AM..

Old
Sat Jan 05, 2013, 11:37 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
Hi

You may have looked at this already, but if not this may help your bankroll management

Good luck at the tables.

Old
Sat Jan 05, 2013, 11:41 AM
(#3)
Hey wiltshireman,

I've already watched that and also I watched one the of bankroll vids of the trainers.I just need some advice ...

Old
Sat Jan 05, 2013, 11:43 AM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2011
If you are losing constantly then I'd advise you to drop to the lowest stakes or even freerolls.

Yes you get bad players at the lowest levels but it's wrong to assume that things will improve if you move up. You don't want to be playing good players as it will be the bad players that pay you in the long term.

Read, watch videos and ask as many questions as you can think of. Don't chase your losses, their gone, start at the bottom and work up.

Old
Sat Jan 05, 2013, 11:48 AM
(#5)
Heey Ovalman,

I just lost a lot today,by my meaning really a lot.
But I have a question about my bankroll buy ins,is is smart to keep it like that?

Old
Sat Jan 05, 2013, 12:09 PM
(#6)
I used to either take a break, drop stakes, change games or change sites when I had a bad run but now I just shrug it off.

Yes it's possible to have a really bad run while playing well, I've a few spells of not cashing in 20+ games in a row. I make a load of mistakes but I know I'm profitable overall.

You need to look at your overall stats, are you a winner? How did you get your $170? What bankroll did you start off with?

You have to be honest with yourself. If you're losing then you should drop to the lowest stakes and learn the game. The money lost is gone, you shouldn't cry over it.

If you've built the $170 from lower stakes then it would be still wise to drop stakes for a bit, regain your confidence and start building again.

Old
Sat Jan 05, 2013, 12:25 PM
(#7)
About drop stakes.I calculated some things and I had 80 buy ins for 1,50 mtts sng and 155 buy ins for turbo satellites.Maybe it's better to only play 90man sngmtt of 1,50$,maybe it will change something about a time.

Im was a winner for a while.My highest bankroll was like 240 dollars,but slowly I dropped down to my original bankroll (170 dollar) with a lot of small swings and today I lost a lot ...

How I get the 170 dollar? I have a part time job and Im a student too. I earn like 200-300 euros per month. I didnt put 170 dollar at one time ,I saved some money month by month.

Old
Sat Jan 05, 2013, 12:35 PM
(#8)
So you're breaking even overall?

I'm unfamiliar with the 90 man SnGs but I would expect variance would be a lot higher than the 45 man's I'm currently playing. It's quite possible your just having a bad run but then again you could be making a load of mistakes. Only you can put things right. Start at the bottom and work up, drop to the lowest stakes for a few games until you get your confidence back or you iron out where you're going wrong.

Old
Sat Jan 05, 2013, 12:47 PM
(#9)
Since: Jul 2010
If you're playing satties with rebuys and an add-on, you should be counting the rebuys and add-ons as part of the cost of a tourney.

Say I want to play a $1.00 rebuy, and I decide I will rebuy 3 times and take the add-on, then this totals $5.00. Using 100 buyins as a guide, my BR would need to be over $500.00 to enter this tourney.

Be very careful with rebuy satties, they can eat up a large chunk of your BR really quickly.

Old
Sat Jan 05, 2013, 12:56 PM
(#10)
What means breaking even exactly?

I will take a break for few days,because school is coming ,nice timing btw

Well,I have to say few things.
I was filtering in my holdem manager and this is what I saw.

I played 218 90 sng games and I have a ROI of 3.86% and the ITM% is 37,6%.
1,10 mtt:23 games ROI 35,5% and ITM is 34,3%

Then the thing I notice is.At the satellite turbos and in 'The Bigs' Im more a losing player.I cashed few times but have a negative ROI.

So maybe the conclusion is that I have to quit with playing 'The Bigs' and satellite turbos,is that maybe an option?

Old
Sat Jan 05, 2013, 12:58 PM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy7108 View Post
If you're playing satties with rebuys and an add-on, you should be counting the rebuys and add-ons as part of the cost of a tourney.

Say I want to play a $1.00 rebuy, and I decide I will rebuy 3 times and take the add-on, then this totals $5.00. Using 100 buyins as a guide, my BR would need to be over $500.00 to enter this tourney.

Be very careful with rebuy satties, they can eat up a large chunk of your BR really quickly.

Thank you very much !!!!! I didnt think about that ...so bad of me omg T_T

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com