Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL Zoom ThinValue? (I)

Old
25NL Zoom ThinValue? (I) - Sun Jan 06, 2013, 01:04 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
Villain was 58/50, AF: 0.8 over a tiny sample of 12 hands. Flop FCB: 50%(5)

Flop: Cbet though the board was a bit wet. Had 2 overcards and gutshot equity

Turn: Cbet for value since we hit TP. Should have bet larger like $2.75.

River: Flush draws and JT got there. Think when he minraises, he's got us beaten. Board's very coordinated. Was it still a good spot to bet for thin value? Perhaps from Jacks or worse 2 pairs (KJ, QJ). If not, should we check/call or check/fold?

Old
Sun Jan 06, 2013, 07:07 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
I think you got it pretty much spot on in your overview

Definately bet the the turn bigger imo, $2.75 sounds good although I think $3-$3.25 still gets paid imo. Also on the river I think your bet is perfect, he's calling with KJ/QJ/J9 probably even AJ. Once he raises though he has at least a ten so easy fold.

Nice hand and well played

Follow me on: Twitter

Old
Sun Jan 06, 2013, 09:18 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
i dont get it. he is saying he had TJ or a back door flush . i think he bets bigger with a flush . getting 5-1 i think if it was good for a thin value bet i am calling there is he really raising TJ there so flush or nothing. u really like folding to min raises, maybe he had ATh i dont get the value bet there 4 card stright on board the flush draw got there . and that small bet was begging to get raised . and having seen u bet fold to min raises befor why not turn your hand into a bluff there it dont need to work often . the flush draw was there so it was not back door . i have been looking at alot of the hands u posted i really dont get your thinking. are u trying to sell poket Ts . i am stupid i guess i just dont get it

Last edited by kingkong263; Sun Jan 06, 2013 at 09:38 AM.. Reason: looked at it again

Old
Mon Jan 07, 2013, 09:00 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
I like betting bigger on the turn since it is such a coordinated board producing a lot of pair+draw combos that can call you down on the early streets.

On the river I think betting might be just a bit too thin even against the loosest and most passive opponents. Tx will be in villains range fairly often and when he calls flop + turn a xf should be absolutely fine.

You could probably argue a really small bet of like 1/4 pot since there aren't really any worse hands he could be turning into a bluff too often.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com