Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Time Vault 2013 - Q&A Thread

Old
Time Vault 2013 - Q&A Thread - Sun Jan 06, 2013, 07:20 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hello Members,

Many of you have posted threads about your goals and objectives for 2013 and PokerSchoolOnline would like to encourage these members to be committed to these goals during the year ahead.

January is a month where many poker players set out their poker goals and objectives for the year ahead. The 'Time Vault' promotions gives you the opportunity to lock yours away and be in with the chance of winning some great end of year prizes.

You have the whole month of January to decide what your own personal goals and what you want to get from your poker game this year. Once you have decided simply enter by following the steps >>HERE<<. Closing date for entries is January 31st.

How to Enter

1) Decide what your own personal poker goals and ambitions are for the year ahead.
2) Once you have decided you must start a thread in the 'Challenges' section of the Forum. (If you already have a thread about your goals for 2013 and would like to submit it for this promotion simply state in your thread that you wish to submit it.)
3) You must update your thread at least twice a week when possible
4) You must also write and publish a blog about your 2013 challenge with a minimum of two new blogs posted each month. These blogs must be published in the 'Blogs' section.
5) Blogs and forum posts should include some discussion about interesting hands you played in your quest. You can post these hands using the 'Hand Replayer' tool.
6) Once you have the steps above before January 31st a moderator will lock your entry into the 'Time Vault' and award you with a special time vault signature. Keep your blogs and challenge thread updated regulary during the year to be in with a chance of winning some really great prizes.

All the information you need on how to enter can be found >>HERE<<

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by royalraise85; Sun Jan 06, 2013 at 10:47 AM..

Old
Sun Jan 06, 2013, 10:34 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
Can I have myblog and this blog. The first is not in the Challenges thread but it would save me starting a new thread if you counted both towards this promotion.

Old
Sun Jan 06, 2013, 10:39 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalman View Post
Can I have myblog and this blog. The first is not in the Challenges thread but it would save me starting a new thread if you counted both towards this promotion.
Hi Ovalman,

Sure, we'd be happy to accept it but we may need some additions to make it eligible. I'll send you a PM in the next few minutes.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jan 06, 2013, 11:05 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2012
what should your graphs consist of and how do you do them

Old
Sun Jan 06, 2013, 11:19 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 666bonez187 View Post
Graphs are nice but not compulsory for this promotion.

Some members take a >>Screenshot<< of their HUD stats. (Poker Tracker or Holdem Manager) and upload them to a image hosting site like >>Photobucket<< for example. Then use the direct URL link to post them here in the Forum.

Like I said it's not compulsory for this promotion.

Winners won't necessarily win prizes based on how much profit they've made during the year.

What we're looking for here is consistency in sticking to the goals that you have set out for yourself, working hard on improving your game, regular thread and blog updates, those kinda things.

And one thing that is really important is that you stop by and read other members blogs and threads, learn from them and leave some words of encouragement for them.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by royalraise85; Sun Jan 06, 2013 at 11:21 AM..

Old
Sun Jan 06, 2013, 11:24 AM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
I've used this little website in the past and I can recommend it. Just update it daily with your balance or set it to the number of games you play etc. 10 minutes will set it up but you can glean a load of info from it.

Old
Sun Jan 06, 2013, 08:00 PM
(#7)
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...Goals-for-2013

this is where i put my time vault goals... is that in the right place.... sorta a FISH or a Donk as some would say with forums and blogs

Old
Sun Jan 06, 2013, 09:12 PM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2010
Hey Paul (Raiser)

I'm back

Count me in, here's my first blog and first update.
Tell me if I need anything else
Thanks

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blogs/post/?id=39065

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...goals-for-2013

Old
Mon Jan 07, 2013, 12:23 AM
(#9)
Also my blog is here http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blogs/post/?id=39071
is that in the right place for the time vault

Old
Mon Jan 07, 2013, 02:34 AM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Also my blog is here http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blogs/post/?id=39071
is that in the right place for the time vault
Looks good Bonez!

Best of luck with your poker goals for the year ahead.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 07, 2013, 02:38 AM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
Count me in, here's my first blog and first update.
Looks good Sand, wishing you the best for 2013!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jan 11, 2013, 08:40 PM
(#12)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Edit - moved the list to the other thread!

Last edited by TrustySam; Tue Jan 22, 2013 at 04:47 PM..

Old
Tue Jan 22, 2013, 11:21 AM
(#13)
Since: Oct 2011
hey raiser could you help me in blog thing

i have started a blog

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...r-journey-2013

do i need to just keep updating this thread with result and some interesting hand or do i need new thread each time i create a blog
or do i need create via members blog create option(when i tried this its says About the BlogCharacter min. 25 max. 70) how do i suppose to enter details in 70 charactor

Read more: Member Blogs - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz2IiwovtzB)

zzzzzzzz i m nob in blogging

Last edited by a1379; Tue Jan 22, 2013 at 11:51 AM..

Old
Tue Jan 22, 2013, 11:53 AM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1379 View Post
hey raiser could you help me in blog thing
Hi a1379,

The forum thread I think you can keep updated as often as you wish and as for the blogs they are looking for at least 2 blogs a month in the Blog Section.

So yes, you'd need to create a blog via the 'My Blog' button in your profile on the top right of this page.

Check out 'How to Enter' for full details.

And good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 22, 2013, 11:56 AM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1379 View Post
or do i need create via members blog create option(when i tried this its says About the BlogCharacter min. 25 max. 70) how do i suppose to enter details in 70 charactor
This is just when you write a description of what your blogs will be about and you only have to fill this in once when you start blogging in the blog section for the first time.

It's just a description and not an actual blog.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 24, 2013, 12:37 AM
(#16)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi guys.

I plan on building my BR playing ZOOM cash games starting with $100.

I will stick to 20 buy-in bankroll management and move up whenever I hit 20 buy-ins.

I'm going to 6 table ZOOM with 3 tables of 6 max and 3 tables of FR. I should be able to play around 1000 hands an hour.

My goal is to play strictly zoom up until 200nl level when I reach a BR of $4000.

I predict it will take me roughly 100,000 hands per limit to move up, with a 2bb/100 WR + rewards.

Read more: $100 BR challenge - Acombfosho - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz2IrtcMhNR

Old
Fri Jan 25, 2013, 07:53 PM
(#17)
Since: Aug 2012
Does it matter what I put in my blog compared to my thread?
ex. Do I need to put hand histories in my blog.. then overall progress in my thread?

also, for the updating rule.. does the end of the week fall on a specific day? or do I have till when I posted my original post?
ex. If I posted my thread on Thursday, do i have till next Thursday to update it or does it end on each Sunday for each week?

and lastly, for the blog posts.. do I update that same blog post, or create different posts within the main blog?

Thanks

Old
Fri Jan 25, 2013, 08:08 PM
(#18)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamram321 View Post
Does it matter what I put in my blog compared to my thread?
Hi Shamram321,

There's no hard or fast rules on that one, it's entirely up to you.

Quote:
also, for the updating rule.. does the end of the week fall on a specific day? or do I have till when I posted my original post?
ex. If I posted my thread on Thursday, do i have till next Thursday to update it or does it end on each Sunday for each week?
Again, it's entirely up to you when and how often you update these.

Quote:
and lastly, for the blog posts.. do I update that same blog post, or create different posts within the main blog?
They're looking for two blogs minimum per month and personally I would recommend writing a new one as opposed to editing an old one, members might miss the old ones if they search by date

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jan 26, 2013, 08:41 PM
(#19)
Since: Jan 2013
I've noticed that in the blog list, some of the posts have a card picture and the author avatar next to them. Do these mean anything?

Old
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 04:20 AM
(#20)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvokeNZ View Post
I've noticed that in the blog list, some of the posts have a card picture and the author avatar next to them. Do these mean anything?
Yes it does!

It's related to the amount of total views that blogger has got since they started blogging at PSO.

J = 100 + views
Q = 1000 + views
K = 10,000 + views ...

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com