Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

25c 45-Man SNG - Any tips?

Old
25c 45-Man SNG - Any tips? - Sun Jan 06, 2013, 01:18 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
Hey guys. For this year, I decided to try to grind the 25 cent 45-man SNGs, as they were pretty much the only tournaments I could consistently do well in during the last year.

Well ever since the new year, I haven't even cashed once in any of them - and I've played at least 16 by now. It doesn't seem to matter how well I do in the start or what my chip count is - I'm ALWAYS eliminated during the last two tables.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. So I'm wondering if anyone here has any tips for grinding these specific tournaments.

Old
Sun Jan 06, 2013, 01:21 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Christxof!

I've had plenty of 20-25 game variance streaks where I didn't cash in them. It's something that will happen. The key is to look at performance over a large number of games, as these types of streaks are normal. It's also why 100 buy-ins is recommended for bankroll management.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jan 06, 2013, 01:34 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
If you have a read of my blog you'll also see I've had 20+ streaks of losing in these 45 man games. I suspect and hope it never happens but I'd expect a 30+ streak at some stage. I thought my variance would have been higher actually, coming from Limit STTs.

The thing is to know when it's your mistakes or just variance. Just go over each game again and review your play. Get your chips in good and be aware of who your up against. You could bluff a rock for instance but not a maniac. Just be aware of who's at your table.

Old
Wed Jan 09, 2013, 12:07 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2011
Thanks for the reply, guys. I managed to gain some confidence back and place 3rd in one a few days ago.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com