Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

bankroll builder

Old
bankroll builder - Sun Jan 06, 2013, 03:21 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
Hi guys,I am new on Poker stars,can I sign for this promotion?

Old
Sun Jan 06, 2013, 05:07 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLauneck_666 View Post
Hi,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 07, 2013, 07:26 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

Next Step

The first thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started' live training sessions. Ask the Live Trainer plenty of questions while you are attending, it's the best way to learn.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know as soon as you have attended this session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 07, 2013, 02:15 PM
(#4)
I just atend on live training session - Getting Started,what next

Old
Mon Jan 07, 2013, 02:52 PM
(#5)
How to bet these midle pairs 77,88,99...

Old
Mon Jan 07, 2013, 05:33 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi CLauneck_666!

The first piece of advice that I'd give is to not enter a table until it's my BB. By playing sooner and paying the extra blinds, this is a large drain to my bankroll over time. They may seem small, but they will add-up.

With a small to mid pair (and 99 fits that), when there are limpers in front of me, I'm going to limp behind to setmine. If everyone in front of me had folded, then I'd open-raise to 3BB.

With four opps in the hand, this is about as bad a flop as I can get. An A and K along with straight and flush draws. Due to having so many opps in the hand, at least one of them should now have my 99 beat, so I'm going to check and fold to any bet by an opp. The only way that I will put another chip into the pot here is if they all check and the turn or river is a 9.
I don't want to be putting chips into the pot when I'm most likely behind, as I want to be betting when I'm ahead in the hand.

I'd definitely be making a note on this opp that they will stay and call bets with absolutely nothing, as it will be good information for future hands.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 09, 2013, 07:49 AM
(#7)
what is next task?

Old
Wed Jan 09, 2013, 09:57 AM
(#8)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
what is next task?
Hi CLauneck_666

Next Step

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 09, 2013, 10:11 AM
(#9)
I passed Basic quiz

Old
Thu Jan 10, 2013, 05:39 AM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I passed Basic quiz
Hi CLauneck_666,

You've passed the basics quiz, congrats on that!

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

Also, please attend an 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This should help too.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 10, 2013, 06:13 AM
(#11)
I just recived first 2$ buyin,thanks

Old
Fri Jan 11, 2013, 03:56 PM
(#12)
How to play this hands???

Old
Fri Jan 11, 2013, 04:06 PM
(#13)
How to bet this hand???

Old
Fri Jan 11, 2013, 04:31 PM
(#14)
I just atend Bet Sizing TRAINING SESSION

Old
Fri Jan 11, 2013, 06:40 PM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I just atend Bet Sizing TRAINING SESSION
Thanks for attending. What did you find most interesting about the session? What do you think was the most important thing you learned from it?

I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to look at this hand above for you and he'll offer some feedback later.

Once he does this we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jan 13, 2013, 05:27 AM
(#16)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
How to bet this hand???
Hi CLauneck_666

76s is catagorized as a prospective hand. Usually we miss the flop and have to fold, but it has the potential to win huge pots when we get a straight or flush. These hands are best played when several conditions are already in place.
Late postion (you are early postion here)
Several players already in the pot (you are opening the pot here)
See a flop cheaply (since we usually have to fold o nthe flop)

In this hand, I suggest just folding preflop since you are in early postion. As played, any time you are the first to enter a pot preflop always do so with a raise. Limping is never good regardless of you cards.

You got a good flop, betting as a semi-bluff is one option to help build the pot, but if you get reraised you may have to fold. Checking as you did is also fine. It is perhaps safer, but keeps the pot smaller.

On the turn when you get your flush, you want to bet. At 2NL you should always bet for value with your made hands. Don't slowplay. In this spot in particular slowplaying is not good. If another spade comes on the river, you may very well be beat. Secondly, we want to build the pot as early as possible now that you have a strong hand.

On the river, I think calling as you did is fine. You do not have the nut flush. If you had reraised and gotten 3-bet we would be in a tough spot. Also, if you had reraised, you may create a spot where you are value owned. All hands you are beating would fold, and only the hands beating you would continue.

The big point here is the preflop action.

Nice pot

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Sun Jan 13, 2013, 04:48 PM
(#17)
thanks Roland

Old
Sun Jan 13, 2013, 06:18 PM
(#18)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
thanks Roland

Hi CLauneck_666,

Now it's time to study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Once you've passed the quiz post back here and we'll continue on tomorrow.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 14, 2013, 10:28 AM
(#19)
I completed Cash Game quiz

Old
Mon Jan 14, 2013, 04:38 PM
(#20)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I completed Cash Game quiz
Brilliant! Your second buy-in will now be awarded within 24 hours.

Use all that you have learned so far to again play some real money games (1/2 cent tables).

Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyse them for you.

Also, attend the 'Cash Basics' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com