Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Sun Jan 06, 2013, 04:20 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2012
I wanted to know if I'm eligible, I've already passed the first two quizzes

Old
Sun Jan 06, 2013, 05:00 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyVHS View Post
I wanted to know if I'm eligible, I've already passed the first two quizzes
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jan 06, 2013, 05:59 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi JohnnyVHS,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
T T - Mon Jan 07, 2013, 12:37 PM
(#4)

What is the best choice in this situation?. I thought he didn't have an A and he was very unlikely to have a 3,I belived he was going for a flush draw

Old
Mon Jan 07, 2013, 03:38 PM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi JohnnyVHS!

You may want to play some of the full ring tables, as once you receive the first buy-in, playing any other type of game format (cash tables or cash tourneys) will make you ineligible for any further buy-ins.

With 10's (or any hand that I want to raise with), I want to make a standard raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper if noone has previously raised. Due to this, I'll raise to 40. I want to keep my bet sizes standard to conceal the strength of my hand. By doing this, the opp won't know whether I have AA, 10 10, 33, AK, JTs or even a total bluff with 27o.

The flop is a pretty good one for me, except for the fact that many opps like to stay with any ace. When the opp checks to me, I'm going to make my standard c-bet, which against one opponent is 1/2 pot (220). One thing that I need to watch here is that I do not want to bet less on the flop than I did preflop, as that is a sign of weakness and can make it easier for the opponent to play the hand.
The opp now shoves on me. The overwhelming majority of the time, this is going to be from an A or a 3 and I can't beat either one of them. Due to this, I need to muck my 10's here.
If the opp had a flush draw, they SHOULD want to see the turn and river as cheaply as possible, hoping to hit a heart. If the bet is large enough (1/2 pot accomplishes it), then the opp would end up making a negative play by calling and should muck, not raise.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 07, 2013, 03:39 PM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Please let me know when you have attended the live training session, so that we can then move onto the next step.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 08, 2013, 05:21 PM
(#7)
Thanks for the advice.
I attended the live training session, what's the next step?

Old
Wed Jan 09, 2013, 12:07 AM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi JohnnyVHS!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 09, 2013, 12:48 AM
(#9)
But I already passed that quiz and I can't do it again.

Old
Wed Jan 09, 2013, 12:12 PM
(#10)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi JohnnyVHS!

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know when you receive the buy-in and attend the training session.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 09, 2013, 05:35 PM
(#11)
I received the first buy-in and I lost it. Is very difficult for me playing in a full ring game here yoy can see how I lost
Iwould be very grateful ifyou could recommend me something to read or do or anything

Old
Thu Jan 10, 2013, 03:24 AM
(#12)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
I received the first buy-in and I lost it. Is very difficult for me playing in a full ring game here yoy can see how I lost
Iwould be very grateful ifyou could recommend me something to read or do or anything
Hi JohnnyHHS

There are a few important points to take from this hand. Firstly, in cash games you have a very deep stack compared to tournaments. In tourneys, we often only have a stack of 10 or 15 big blinds. When you are short stacked, then shoving all in preflop with a medium pair like 99 can be your best move. In cash games, the blinds aren't increasing and you normally start out with a 100 big blind stack.

Cash games are more about postflop play then preflop shoving. Try to be patient and wait until you have flopped a strong hand before risking your whole stack.

As a good general rule, the only two hands you want to get all in with preflop in a full ring cash game are KK and AA. When you are deep stacked, the the risk is too great with 99. Remember, nearly half the cards in the deck are overcards to you pair.

Secondly, this spot with a raise and a call, is a perfect spot to just call. Treat your hand as a prospective hand. Prospective hands such as non-premium pocket pairs, suited connectors and Ax suited, do not win often, but when you do flop a set, or good draw, you have a good chance of winning a huge pot.

Call in this spot with 99. If you flop a set build the pot as much as possible. If you don't flop a set, you can easily check fold the remaining streets. A small risk offering a big reward.

Finally, by making such a huge overbet. You created a situation where you are value owned. This means all the hands you are beating will fold. We want to keep the hands we are beating in the hand so that we can win more money from them. The only hands that will call your all in raise are hands that are beating you.

I hope this helps!

GL and have fun at the tables

Roland GTX

Old
Thu Jan 10, 2013, 11:11 AM
(#13)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi JohnnyVHS!

Please let me know when you attend the Bet Sizing live training. This needs to be done before we can move onto the next step.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Apr 04, 2014, 04:58 PM
(#14)
An email was sent to me, it said that I can still claim the other part of the free cash, is it still avaliable?

Old
Sat Apr 05, 2014, 05:14 AM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
But I already passed that quiz and I can't do it again.
Brilliant!

You've passed the basic test and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

The Poker Basics test was easy right? Well, there's a lot more to learn on the road to becoming a profitable poker player.

Now study the Cash Game course and once you think you have it mastered have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Let us know as soon as you have passed the Cash Game Quiz and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Team PokerSchoolOnline

Bracelet Winner

Old
NLHE Quiz - Mon Apr 07, 2014, 01:09 PM
(#16)
It says that I have already passed that quiz

Old
Mon Apr 07, 2014, 05:20 PM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
It says that I have already passed that quiz
Congratulations!

We have awarded you with all your Bankroll Builder buy-ins and you have successfully completed the promotion!

You are always welcome to post any troublesome hands in the >>Hand Analysis<< section.

Also it is a good idea to review some of the content on >>Bankroll Management<< at this point.

Keep in touch with us and let us know how your poker journey continues.

Team PokerSchoolOnline

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com