Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

Time Vault - Challenge Promotion 2013

Old
Time Vault - Challenge Promotion 2013 - Mon Jan 07, 2013, 02:28 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hello Members,

Many of you have posted threads about your goals and objectives for 2013 and PokerSchoolOnline would like to encourage these members to be committed to these goals during the year ahead.

January is a month where many poker players set out their poker goals and objectives for the year ahead. The 'Time Vault' promotions gives you the opportunity to lock yours away and be in with the chance of winning some great end of year prizes.

You have the whole month of January to decide what your own personal goals and what you want to get from your poker game this year. Once you have decided simply enter by following the steps >>HERE<<. Closing date for entries is January 31st.

All the information you need on how to enter can be found >>HERE<<

How to Enter

1) Decide what your own personal poker goals and ambitions are for the year ahead.
2) Once you have decided you must start a thread in the 'Challenges' section of the Forum. (If you already have a thread about your goals for 2013 and would like to submit it for this promotion simply state in your thread that you wish to submit it.)
3) You must update your thread at least twice a week when possible
4) You must also write and publish a blog about your 2013 challenge with a minimum of two new blogs posted each month. These blogs must be published in the 'Blogs' section.
5) Blogs and forum posts should include some discussion about interesting hands you played in your quest. You can post these hands using the 'Hand Replayer' tool.
6) Once you have the steps above before January 31st a moderator will lock your entry into the 'Time Vault' and award you with a special time vault signature. Keep your blogs and challenge thread updated regulary during the year to be in with a chance of winning some really great prizes.

If you have any questions or comments about the promotion please ask them >>HERE<<

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 30, 2013, 07:15 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

Just a quick reminder to everybody entering the >>Time Vault<< promotion that they must have a 'Goals' thread started in the 'Challenges & Battleground' section of the Forum AND have at least one 'Goal' blog written in the Blog section on or before January 31st.

For full details of what you need to do to enter this promotion and terms and conditions of entry please see >>HERE<<

NB: PokerSchoolOnline cannot accept entries submitted after this date. PokerSchoolOnline are not responsible for entries not submitted properly.

Between Feb 1st - Feb 8th all accepted entries will receive a special 'Time Vault' signature and they will then be 'Locked In' to the promotion.

Wishing everyone who enters the very best of luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by royalraise85; Wed Jan 30, 2013 at 07:18 AM..

Old
Sat Mar 23, 2013, 10:37 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2013
WhiteStar
Hello all,

I spent some time today reading through your Time Vault challenge threads and there's some great posts by you guys, well done Really nice to see you encourage each other too.

I will be giving out April 'Big Bang' tickets to the following who have done a tremendous job keeping their 'Time Vault' threads updated over the last couple of months, you'll get the tickets 2/3 days before the next Big Bang tournament.

holdemace486
DivorcedDuck
Grade b
Sandtrap777
powerdegre
adohole
Paul7036
Built-byTilt
marvinsytan
marjoryaaa
Fadyen
PsychoVas
PINOY_HITMAN
CanuckMonkey
Rogger1999
jdsaz
a1379
TrustySam
Acombfosho
TommyGun369
wetmoose 613
Profess Awe
mr mendes 20
iBeko

Keep up the good work!

The Prof.

PSO Staff

Old
Tue Apr 09, 2013, 08:03 PM
(#4)
WhiteStar
Hey guys,

Myself and the rest of the judging panel for the Time Vault promotion have been reviewing the entries now that the first quarter of the year has passed ... time literally does fly!

After weighing-up different factors we have narrowed down the list of those of you that are still in the hunt for this years prize.

Below are the members who still have a fighting-chance of winning this years mystery prize. If you are not on the list then commiserations but we thank you for taking part.

For those of you that did make the cut remember that you must continue to follow the TIME VAULT instructions and terms if you want to remain eligible for this promotion. PokerSchoolOnline decision will be final in all circumstance.

Let the challenge continue!

The Prof.

Still In With A Chance Are:

a1379
Acombfosho
adohole
Built-byTilt
CanuckMonkey
DivorcedDuck
EvokeNZ
Fadyen
ggervacio
Grade b
holdemace486
iBeko
jdsaz
marjoryaaa
marvinsytan
mr mendes 20
Paul7036
PINOY_HITMAN
PokerIggy
powerdegre
Profess Awe
PsychoVas
reversedteam
RicJSSousa
Rogger1999
Sandtrap777
TommyGun369
TrustySam
wetmoose 613

The Prof.

PSO Staff

Last edited by PSO Professor; Tue Apr 09, 2013 at 08:15 PM..

Old
Wed Apr 10, 2013, 10:06 AM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2011
wau thanks a lot!

Old
Tue Jun 25, 2013, 10:21 PM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSO Professor View Post
Hey guys,

Myself and the rest of the judging panel for the Time Vault promotion have been reviewing the entries now that the first quarter of the year has passed ... time literally does fly!

After weighing-up different factors we have narrowed down the list of those of you that are still in the hunt for this years prize.

Below are the members who still have a fighting-chance of winning this years mystery prize. If you are not on the list then commiserations but we thank you for taking part.

For those of you that did make the cut remember that you must continue to follow the TIME VAULT instructions and terms if you want to remain eligible for this promotion. PokerSchoolOnline decision will be final in all circumstance.

Let the challenge continue!

The Prof.

Still In With A Chance Are:

a1379
Acombfosho
adohole
Built-byTilt
CanuckMonkey
DivorcedDuck
EvokeNZ
Fadyen
ggervacio
Grade b
holdemace486
iBeko
jdsaz
marjoryaaa
marvinsytan
mr mendes 20
Paul7036
PINOY_HITMAN
PokerIggy
powerdegre
Profess Awe
PsychoVas
reversedteam
RicJSSousa
Rogger1999
Sandtrap777
TommyGun369
TrustySam
wetmoose 613

The Prof.
Professor, hi

Will you be doing a mid-year update of the list? Wasn't sure if I was still eligible But if I am, will you be giving out any mid-year prizes? Can I have a kitten? lol

Old
Sat Nov 02, 2013, 11:15 AM
(#7)
only a month to go for this promotion, right?

Old
Tue Nov 12, 2013, 07:33 PM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2010
Yes

Hard to believe that such a great promotion attracted 101 players and as of today, ONLY 17 people are still posting as of October 23rd.

Just goes to show that it's easy to set a goal, but if there's no planning and no step by step on how to achieve those goals, it's due to fail and 84 people have shown it. Really sad

Still posting:

PINOY_HITMAN
adohole
EvokeNZ
Rogger1999
wetmoose 613
PsychoVas
TrustySam
Fadyen
Grade b
iBeko
Paul7036
Profess Awe
Built-byTilt
mr mendes 20
marvinsytan
Sandtrap777
Roland GTX

Good Luck all

Last edited by Sandtrap777; Tue Nov 12, 2013 at 07:36 PM..

Old
Wed Nov 13, 2013, 03:46 AM
(#9)
Since: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
Yes

Hard to believe that such a great promotion attracted 101 players and as of today, ONLY 17 people are still posting as of October 23rd.

Just goes to show that it's easy to set a goal, but if there's no planning and no step by step on how to achieve those goals, it's due to fail and 84 people have shown it. Really sad

Still posting:

PINOY_HITMAN
adohole
EvokeNZ
Rogger1999
wetmoose 613
PsychoVas
TrustySam
Fadyen
Grade b
iBeko
Paul7036
Profess Awe
Built-byTilt
mr mendes 20
marvinsytan
Sandtrap777
Roland GTX

Good Luck all
Your totally right trap. I have also been inactive the last time due to some personal reasons. I'll see if I can do better this month Anyways it has been great to read those threads from people who did manage to keep their thread updated through the year!

Old
Tue Dec 03, 2013, 07:46 AM
(#10)
WhiteStar
Hello all,

December has come around fast and the Time Vault challenge is nearing an end. Firstly, congratulations to everyone that has made it this far, tremendous work!

Below is a list of 18 contenders that are still in the race.

EvokeNZ
Grade b
Sandtrap777
adohole
Paul7036
Built-byTilt
marvinsytan
Fadyen
PsychoVas
PINOY_HITMAN
Rogger1999
PokerIggy
jdsaz
TrustySam
wetmoose 613
Profess Awe
mr mendes 20
iBeko

What I would like each of the above to do is to write a blog summarizing how their poker year went for them, the highs and the lows and key-point what they feel they have learnt about their poker game during 2014.You have until December 16th to post your blog and we will be announcing the winner on December 23rd.

Reading through your threads each of you have applied yourselves extremely well to improving your game and the willingness to learn is clear to see. I look forward to reading your summary blogs.

The Prof.

PSO Staff

Old
Tue Dec 10, 2013, 10:29 AM
(#11)
Since: Apr 2012
Really looking forward to writing my final blog for the Time Vault and reading everyone else's. It's really got me thinking about what I have learned. And even just thinking about that has made me realise so much about what knowledge really is and the whole process of how we truly learn something.

I honestly think this may have been one of the best promotions ever run on PSO.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Dec 16, 2013, 12:24 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
omgoodness, was just looking over peoples' end-of-year blogs, and they're *amazing*!! Is there only one prize being given out? Because I've got zero chance of winning it unless the judging criteria is something completely random like most excessive use of smilies/'lol'/'squee', combined with lots of exclamation marks!!

lol!!

Fadyen, I've been reading your Time Vault thread throughout the year, but didn't realize you'd switched from SNG's to cash, and are super happy with the move And congrats on becoming part of the PSO family in 2013 - all the helpful stuff you've done has been greatly appreciated!!

Old
Mon Dec 16, 2013, 12:48 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Is the deadline Dec. 16, 23:59 PSO time, or Dec. 16, 11:59pm EST?

May need the extra time to go visit Santa at the mall to ask for that kitten instead ... lol jk ...

Last edited by TrustySam; Mon Dec 16, 2013 at 01:02 PM..

Old
Mon Dec 16, 2013, 05:31 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
Looks like 10 people have for sure already done their year-end review, 6 people for sure have not yet done their year-end review (hehe ), and 2 ... I'm not totally sure about.

Guess I'll work on it after playing my hyper-turbos ... ok, yes ......

Old
Mon Dec 16, 2013, 06:31 PM
(#15)
Since: Apr 2011
Has to be Stars Clock

Old
Mon Dec 16, 2013, 08:02 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar
hehe!!

Old
Tue Dec 17, 2013, 12:10 AM
(#17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess Awe View Post
Has to be Stars Clock
it seems not all the rules are being applied as written anyway, so I'm sure extending the deadline isn't much of a stretch on top of that

Old
Tue Dec 17, 2013, 12:26 PM
(#18)
Since: Dec 2011
Congrats for making it this far, all! 18 people sounds like a nice 2 tables SNG to me we should celebrate by playing the Time Vault SNG, or maybe make it 27 by adding 9 PSO team members to it. Anyone up to the challenge?

Time Vault Champion 2013

Old
Tue Dec 17, 2013, 05:01 PM
(#19)
Since: Apr 2012
That actually sounds like a fun idea mr mendes but think it'd be pretty hard to get everyone on playing at the same time.

And I totally agree the standard of blogs everyone has done was great. Some people have really outdone themselves and whoever wins the promotion thoroughly deserves it. But I'm going to be quite cheesey now and say really everyone who stuck at it are all winners because this challenge made us better players and really helped everyone step up to achieving their goals.

P.S. Normally we do things in Eastern Time so I would assume that was the deadline.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 17, 2013, 05:40 PM
(#20)
BronzeStar
A SNG would be fun Or maybe The Professor'll have other 'holiday gifts' to give out?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com