Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5nl Zoom - QQ, 1 fish, 2 unknowns and lots of action.

Old
5nl Zoom - QQ, 1 fish, 2 unknowns and lots of action. - Mon Jan 07, 2013, 05:47 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
Orginal raiser is kinda fishy, don't have loads of hands but he has been openening alot. The button and small blind are unknowns but are both single tabling.

Pre-flop the fish opens for a minbet and I 4x his open as I think he'll call with the same range whether it 3x or 4x. The BTN then cold calls, I think his range here is lots of PP's as well as high suited broadways. The SB then cold 4bets, very big, it then folds back round to me and I really don't think I can continue.

I definately can't call so that leaves shoving or folding, I really don't like shoving as I'm over 150BB's deep and the size of the 4 bet is very intimidating. Given that this is zoom is this an easy fold?

Follow me on: Twitter

Old
Mon Jan 07, 2013, 07:23 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
i dont know about what other people would do , but would only play 2 hands after that raise AA KK and i am not happy with KK but i shove. 150BB QQ is folded there i think even for 100BB best thing you will see is AK . u got 8BB in pot u have 142 still in your stack ,it was a great spot for him to make a move alot of money there for him to pick up. but u need to have seen him make that move befor to shove. he made a big bet maybe he had AK JJ or maybe KK and wanted to be heads up with u not 4 way. i think GF

Old
Mon Jan 07, 2013, 10:55 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
That action makes me feel a little sick. For 100bb, I think I stack off, hoping villain has AK, as the pot odds wouldn't be too bad, but this deep I fold, particularly as my edge comes from playing post-flop rather than getting all in pre.

Old
Mon Jan 07, 2013, 11:19 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Oliver,

I agree with kingkong and Arty, I just don't think it's going to be profitable to stack off 150+ bb's facing this action sequence without reads to the contrary. The SB's action looks super strong here... yes his 4b is oversized, but he's got 2 villains (you and the button) who have both shown a strong interest in this pot.

With reads that led me to define a range for the SB where I felt comfortable stacking QQ this deep I would go for it, but without any reads I think I'll let discretion is the better part of valor here and begrudgingly pass.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com