Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Mon Jan 07, 2013, 03:58 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
Hi I've signed up to Poker School Online and would like to take part in the bankroll builder promotion. I would also like to take part in the Sit & Go Quiz promotion as well. Please advice. Thank You

Old
Mon Jan 07, 2013, 05:15 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliBanjali View Post
Hi I've signed up to Poker School Online and would like to take part in the bankroll builder promotion. I would also like to take part in the Sit & Go Quiz promotion as well. Please advice. Thank You
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 07, 2013, 05:41 PM
(#3)
Thanks. Yes I have now read the bankroll builder promotion page you sent me and the complete overview of promotions page. I will check back tomorrow to see if I'm eligible.

Also please could you tell me of a way to subscribe to this thread as i received no email or PSO inbox message that I had a reply, i had to search for it through the forum page link on the promotions page. Thanks

Old
Mon Jan 07, 2013, 06:20 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi AliBanjali!

to subscribe to the thread, you will need to go to the 'GoTo' tab, then settings and make sure that you have subscriptions turned on, then also under the same tab, there is a 'subscriptions' option to choose.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 07, 2013, 08:51 PM
(#5)
Excellent. All sorted thanks

Old
Tue Jan 08, 2013, 05:03 AM
(#6)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Excellent. All sorted thanks
You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

Next Step

The first thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started' live training sessions. Ask the Live Trainer plenty of questions while you are attending, it's the best way to learn.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know as soon as you have attended this session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 09, 2013, 02:47 PM
(#7)
I am going to watch the Art of bet sizing 1 that starts in 17 mins - Trainer XFLIXX, i will also watch the getting started live training session at 18:00 ET. Unfortunately I may not get a good quality watch as my internet is running quite slow at the moment but will give it a shot

Old
Wed Jan 09, 2013, 03:59 PM
(#8)
I've watched the live training by xflixx art of bet sizing 1, i found it very interesting and useful, i will now be using the notes feature so that i remember my opponents, raise different sizes based on position, 3-bet around 3x IP and around 3.5x OOP, exact amounts will depend on my oponent and how much i think they will call or if I want to induce a 4-bet. Great video i'l definitely be watching more. Although my PC was laggy with the voice but the vid was around the right speed so was good. Also appreciate xflixx answering my questions. Thanks

Old
Wed Jan 09, 2013, 04:02 PM
(#9)
I've also signed up for tonights getting started, bet sizing, and cash basics live videos

Old
Wed Jan 09, 2013, 04:15 PM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I've also signed up for tonights getting started, bet sizing, and cash basics live videos
Hi AliBanjali,

Just attend the 'Getting Started' session for now. Don't worry about any other session at the moment as you will have to attend the others later in the promotion.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 09, 2013, 04:38 PM
(#11)
ok will do i will attend tonight's getting started session at 18.00 ET. I will undo watching the other 2 for now then

Old
Wed Jan 09, 2013, 06:27 PM
(#12)
I think the session was cancelled as it started off ok, i could here gareth as he spoke about not saving your password if using a shared computer, then the screen froze on a blank poker table and sound cut off. i tried refreshing but nothing happened. in the chat box the other viewers had the same problem :S

Old
Thu Jan 10, 2013, 05:49 AM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I think the session was cancelled as it started off ok,
No worries, I think the trainer had PC issues.

Next Step

Next up play some 9-handed full-ring play money tables. Make sure the tables have no empty seats.

Find a hand that caused you difficulty or cost you chips and using the hand replayer post it here in the Forum.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Once you've posted your hand we will analyse it for you and then continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 10, 2013, 06:42 PM
(#14)
I played some 5/10 zoom 9-handed full-ring play money. I have a hand where I lost a little chips but made me think about it before I ended up making a good fold. See below:

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

I'm happy there is a time bank as I was deciding if he was just being a big stack bully, or if he actually had Aces or kings (due to the min-raise PF and the check-check to let me and the other player catch up), I decided he more than likely had Aces or Kings and folded my hand. Please let me know if this hand is suitable or if you need a losing showdown hand.

Old
Fri Jan 11, 2013, 08:27 AM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I played some 5/10 zoom 9-handed full-ring play money.
Hi AliBanjali,

For the Bankroll Builder promo please stick to the regular speed tables and not ZOOM.

We'll make an exception here on the first hand as you didn't know.

I've asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at this hand for you and offer some feedback, once he does this we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jan 11, 2013, 02:06 PM
(#16)
Ok thanks

Old
Sun Jan 13, 2013, 12:38 PM
(#17)
Hi RoyalRaise85, any idea when the hand analysers will take at look at my hand so I can move forward with the promotion

Old
Sun Jan 13, 2013, 06:28 PM
(#18)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi RoyalRaise85, any idea when the hand analysers will take at look at my hand so I can move forward with the promotion
Did you delete the hand from your replayer because now it's showing up as 'no data found,?

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jan 13, 2013, 06:41 PM
(#19)
oh yes - I was under the impression I could only have 5 hands saved in the re-player and I've post quite a few in my blogs and forums? Must of miss read the re-player help. I'll go play some full ring - not zoom, and post a hand shortly

Old
Sun Jan 13, 2013, 08:02 PM
(#20)
Hi RoyalRaise85, here's a hand I played earlier on 10/20 9-ring full table:

Even though there was a min-raise from UTG and 3 callers I decided to see a flop as I have quite a strong hand. Bear in mind that I have been folding for over half an hour and every other player at the table has played every hand since I sat down, So no actual poker going on from what I can see, a lot of huge multi-way pots with terrible hands, but finally looked like a chance to see a flop this time.

Anyway I flopped top pair and it was checked round to me. It was a pretty dry flop apart from the flush draw so I decided to bet 2/3 pot to find out where I am and to protect my hand. I got 1 caller - the UTG raiser. I was putting him on a flush draw or AK/AQ that he didn't want to fold. I was not putting him on AJ or KJ QJ or J10 or Overpair as I feel he would of continuation bet.

The turn came a King. I decided to check and see the river as its possible I'm now behind and may not get called by worse.

The river came a blank 9 and he bet a small 1/4 pot bet. Seemed to me he had an under pair or AQ and wanted to see a cheap showdown, or to bet me off a Jack after I checked the King on the turn. Of course he could have a King or rivered a straight or hit a set on the flop of river, but I decided to call as with the pot odds I only have to be right 1 in 4 times to break even.

Turns out he hit a set of nines on the river and took me to value town.

Maybe I should of bet the turn, or should of folded the river, or just folded Pre-flop.

Please advise, Thanks

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com