Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Regular SNG vs Fifty50

Old
Regular SNG vs Fifty50 - Mon Jan 07, 2013, 09:20 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
Hey guys.

Been playing alot of fifty50s recently with mild success.

I was wondering between a regular SNG and the fifty50's is there a difference in profitability?

Or are they about the same other then maybe the fifty50s have less variance?

Cause i find that even if i come out a small winner in 2/3 games losing the 1/3 still puts me back at about even. I dunno. Just wondering.

Old
Tue Jan 08, 2013, 01:12 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
I'm no expert for sure as Stars went to 50/50's not long before US players got the boot,but in the time I did have I played 150 of the $1.11 50/50's ($1.50 being the lowest buy-in now of course...) and ran just below 73% ITM (109/150) for a +14.6% ROI.

I'll be 100% honest here,I DO think through study and poker discussions and other training that my game is better than it was when Americans were excluded,but I highly doubt I could improve on those numbers. I just think that 50/50's,bt their nature,cap themselves at a certain level of profitability. Well all games do I guess,but these have a more standard ceiling than some others would be my hunch.

Not at all familiar enough with the standard STT's but as for the 50/50's I'll say that in my experience and from what I've seen and heard from others 2/3's,or 67% if you prefer,ITM% is going to be break even at best,probably slightly underwater. I think over a large sample you'll need to run at 70% to break even and above to make any profit and it will be incremental.

But that seems to be the crack with STT's,standard or 50/50's...that you won't hang up a big +ROI on them,but if you find a game you can beat you can typically grind it out in a steady,less variance turbulent fashion.

Old
Tue Jan 08, 2013, 09:57 PM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2011
Thanks for the response

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com