Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Pocket Pairs

Old
Pocket Pairs - Mon Jan 07, 2013, 10:54 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2012
Looking for insight on how to play medium pocket pairs from EP. 55,66,77,44,33 etc. i have a fairly good grasp how to play TT+, but its these middle pocket pairs that I come across during my games. Im always contemplating how to go about them, too fold, to open for 3x, 2.5? amny insight would be wonderful.

Old
Tue Jan 08, 2013, 12:18 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Taunto_88!

For me, it totally depends on the other opps at the table. If there are aggressive players behind me, I'm mucking them from early position. If the table is passive, then I'll standard raise with some of them. The one thing that I will NEVER do is to open-limp them. For my raises, I want to keep all the raises standard, not larger or smaller due to the cards that I have.. that way the opps are guessing as to what cards I'm playing.
Players that vary their bets due to their cards are giving the largest tell that an online player can have.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 08, 2013, 03:48 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
If you're talking about full ring games (9-handed) then you're usually better off just folding, as you'll nearly always get called or re-raised and hate 90% of flops.
I'd open TT UTG, 99 UTG+1, 88 UTG+2, 77-66 in MP, and all pairs in LP.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com