Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

kk vs 88 in zoom $0.05/$0.10

Old
Question
kk vs 88 in zoom $0.05/$0.10 - Tue Jan 08, 2013, 05:43 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
BronzeStar
hi in river him check and i raise but my oppnet go to all-in i first want fold think him have AA or QQ or JJ but after i think about if him have AA or QQ or JJ why not in river check ? so i call all-in please see hand and talk about my play

Hand : http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/1693262_B3A2C8CDA1

When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us.

Old
Tue Jan 08, 2013, 10:01 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
**moved to more appropriate forum JWK24**

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 08, 2013, 11:38 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi ussef,

with KK here I would prefer to 4-bet preflop, it makes the hand much easier to play both pre and post. Unless we have reads that the villain is very tight (if they will fold AK and QQ to a 4-bet then we absolutely should flat call and keep all the weaker hands in). Without reads though (as given, no reads), I would 4-bet here.

Post flop play is totally fine imo. The hands that beat us, the one's we're concerned about (if he's got a 2 then wow lol) are AA, QQ, JJ, but his line makes no sense for any of those hands. AA would keep barreling or would check-call. QQ would probably keep barreling, and JJ would barrel or check-raise the turn since the turn card presents both flush and straight draws now. His hand looks a lot like a marginal hand or draw tbh that he thinks we'll just fold all but monsters to a river check-raise. In short, when the hands they are repping make no sense for them to play this way earlier in the hand (in particular on the turn here), it's more likely a bluff and I'd call here too.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com