Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

$1.50 9 man, early stages

Old
$1.50 9 man, early stages - Tue Jan 08, 2013, 07:12 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2011

Anything i could have done differently here? Knew he had a set on the end but had to call :/

Old
Tue Jan 08, 2013, 04:05 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi Adam,

No I wouldn't change anything. I don't think we even always has a set on the end he's probably got AK, AQ, A9, A6 and some guys will have flush draws as well.

I don't think you can get away here.

Well played
Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Old
hey - Tue Jan 22, 2013, 09:59 AM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2012
SilverStar
hey um i kinda got some issues with this hand
1st i dont quite see y u would call offsuite AJ here i think thats a fold preflo
2nd calling the original raiser bet on the flop, there are many turn cards which can be bad for your hand, especially with a 3rd person in the hand, i think a raise would be in order on the flop.
our action after that depends on how the villain plays the hand as sometimes it would be ok to fold top pair top kicker if he offers to much resistance and we lose all our equity if we bust out early.
so lets assume he just calls im going broke on that turn card.

Old
Wed Jan 23, 2013, 04:20 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
If the villain that opened the pot is a known winner or a nit, I'd fold pre, but as played I'm always going broke on that turn card. Villain can have a lot of 2 pair hands or a combo draw with something like QTss or KTss.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com