Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

$1.50 9 man, value bet?

Old
$1.50 9 man, value bet? - Tue Jan 08, 2013, 07:32 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2011

Not sure if i should just stick my stack in on the river here?

Old
Tue Jan 08, 2013, 11:51 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
Hey adsthepro777

I like your bet sizing on all streets, the turn bet sizing is interesting, it's as if we are setting ourselves up for a decent sized river shove which I think is great and it shows that your thinking more in depth about your bet sizing.

So the 3 of clubs hit, naturally we look at this card and think to ourselves....DAMN. However this only improves hands like 45/A3/A4 so it's not as scary as we may think.

Don't get me wrong, if we ship this it is a thin value bet but as villain has shown so much weakness and the pot size is more than twice the size of our stack we can get this in and be called by worse more times than not.

It's unlikely villain has AK/AQ as he would more than likely 3bet us preflop, so the hands in his range here are pretty polarized to Kx hands,Ax hands and spade draws, maybe hands like 45s too but there folding the turn a ton of the time.

It's going to be pretty tough to get called by worse so with that being said I think it boils down to what type of opponent were dealing with. With your typical loose calling station micro staker then this is a good spot to shove in your remaining chips.

I think I'm shoving my chips in 7 or 8 times out of 10 in this spot.

Nice hand Ads, Cheers, Chris,

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com