Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL - JJ vs. TAG 4-bet

Old
2NL - JJ vs. TAG 4-bet - Tue Jan 08, 2013, 10:20 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
Here's a hand I had while trying to do the Million Club Mission.

Villain was fairly TAG, about 21/17 over the last 29 hands. They had tried to steal the previous hand, which led to my 3-bet. But I was scared of their 4-bet - could I have done something differently here?

Old
Wed Jan 09, 2013, 06:55 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
try calling the raise not 3 betting. or folding to the 4 bet 100BB deep u never had odds to set mine with your JJ,

Old
Wed Jan 09, 2013, 10:22 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Chris,

Definitely don't call this 4b, as kingkong said you don't have odds to set mine and that's basically what your plan must have been here since you check-folded one of the best non-jack flops for JJ.

If you think he's capable of 4-betting light, or 4-betting very aggressively with his value range (i.e. will 4b AK and some pairs smaller than JJ like tens and 9's), then 5-bet jam, otherwise just fold. If, as is the case with most TAG's at 2nl, he's only 4-betting monsters, then easy fold as that's basically QQ+.

Also seriously consider not 3-betting, he may be stealing some of the time but vs. a TAG they will just fold all their steals as well as some decent hands that JJ is crushing. Plus the BB is sitting with 70bb's so I assume is fishy, if they are loose or bad then flatting and inviting them into the pot instead of 3-betting and pushing them out may be preferable as well.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 09, 2013, 02:21 PM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2010
i think the 4 bet also is quite big,(pot bets it) especially whe villain only bet *2.5 pre, i do this somtimes when im wanting you to shove not call.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com