Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

formulas

Old
formulas - Wed Jan 09, 2013, 04:56 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2011
can anyone point me in the direction of a page or place where i can get all the formulas for calculating pot odds,outs, equity etc. i would like to make a chart with the info to print out and hang up on the wall,or if anyone knows of a chart already containing this info even better. any help would be appreciated thnx

Old
Wed Jan 09, 2013, 07:18 AM
(#2)
Since: May 2012
BronzeStar
I'm not sure where you can find it on this site and I'm not sure I can offer links to content hosted elsewhere, but if you google for poker odds out chart you'll find plenty of stuff to help you out.

Old
Wed Jan 09, 2013, 07:22 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
Hey there Milehigh

We have a tool here on PSO called the "Odds Calculator" that you could try out, if thats not advanced enough for you, there are many different free odds calculating software's available for free online.

Hope this helps,

Ads

Old
Wed Jan 09, 2013, 03:01 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by milehigh0874 View Post
can anyone point me in the direction of a page or place where i can get all the formulas for calculating pot odds,outs, equity etc. i would like to make a chart with the info to print out and hang up on the wall,or if anyone knows of a chart already containing this info even better. any help would be appreciated thnx

Just enter "how to calculate EV in poker" or "how to calculate pot odds" or whatever into any search engine and you're going to get a ton of options. Wouldn't want to point you to a particular one as you should go with what feels like the best fit for you.

One thing I WILL advise you against Mile,is getting too caught up in worrying about basing reviews off of what the villain(s) actually DID have when the cards were turned up as opposed to basing your reviews on using a tool like pokerstove and entering the ranges of what you had the villain(s) on when you made your decision(s) in the hand.

Seeing the former,the actual hands, is hindsight which is always 20/20,working with the latter,hand ranges,actually addresses your thought process and reads---THIS is where we all should want to endeavor to improve.

Old
Wed Jan 09, 2013, 06:20 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
Dear milehigh,

you can download Pokerstove for free and it will give you odds for certain hands against ranges and /or specific hands.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 09, 2013, 07:20 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by milehigh0874 View Post
Pot odds = amount in pot / amount to call ex: if the pot is 100 and you must call 24 your pot odds are 100/25 = 4:1

Outs are cards the complete a hand. If you have Axh with 2 hearts on the board you have 9 outs, the remaining hearts. Outs are worth about 2% per street. So your odds will be (100 - 18)/18 = 4.6:1

Equity calculation are too difficult to do on the fly in many cases. By using tools like Pokerstove or the PSO Odds Calculator after the fact you can see what the equity was. When you will find yourself in similar situations in the future you will remember previous situations with enough study.

Here is a recurring situation. You have black aces and there is an ace and two hearts on the board. Your opponent is known to chase flushes. Pokerstove shows your equity to be 72.6% equity against a hand like JTh.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com