Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / New Members /

When can i start playing cash games??

Old
When can i start playing cash games?? - Wed Jan 09, 2013, 07:49 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
I have been playing this now for a little over a month, i studied a fair abit on the tournament and sit and go courses and ended up with some pretty good stratergies to be a real contender or in the 9max sit and go turbos for instance won 4 games in a row.. I can eaasily get into the money stage of big tournaments (360max at micro levels) .. Is this enough information for you guys to help me weather or not i maybe ready for cash games yet???

JahRasta

Old
Wed Jan 09, 2013, 10:09 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
Hi JahRasta NZ

Thank you for your post and welcome to pokerschoolonline.

This link will help you find your way round.

Play money games are a lot different than real money games. They are an excelent way to try out your stratagies but the only real way to improve your game is by playing real money games.

One of the most important aspects of cash games is bankroll management, and you will find more information about that in the link i have given you.

Really only you know if your ready to play cash games,

Old
Wed Jan 09, 2013, 12:54 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
Forgive me if I'm mistaken here, but I think JahRasta was asking about cash ring games because it sounds like he's already crushing real money micro tourneys. If this is the case, the first criteria of whether you're ready or not is bankroll (as mentioned above): do you have enough cash to play at the stakes you want? Beyond that, the only real way to find out is to jump in and start playing while minding your bankroll management.

Good luck at the tables!

Lester

Follow me on Twitter

Old
Wed Jan 09, 2013, 04:49 PM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2013
Thanks for the help guys... and yes i have already been playig in the real money games.!! but i do need to sort out my bankroll management as i have not heard of this yet?? wat stakes do most begginers play at?? i want to move uo from micro tourneys and micro levels so what should my next step be?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com