Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

Short n Sweet Goals to My Career

Old
Thumbs up
Short n Sweet Goals to My Career - Wed Jan 09, 2013, 01:02 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2010
Short Term
1. deposit and organise my bankroll in the next few weeks
2. Start playing with a bankroll of $100 and play the mtt 180 players $2.50 entry
3. Establish a study on the mtt 180 Player tourneys

Mid Term
1. once i have studyed the game enough and i feel i have the edge and bankroll ill then move up to the 180 players $4.50

Long Term
1. Target by the end of 2013 $1000-$3000
2. Play the sunday million and play with some of the best in the game
3. Play in a UKIPT or an EPT at some point in my career
4. To get platinum star or higher is vip steller rewards

Old
Wed Jan 09, 2013, 01:15 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
Hello djharpo07,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline.com! Please click >HERE< to familiarize yourself with what the site has to offer.

Judging by your goals, it appears that you are a 'serious' poker player. If that is the case, you are going over what is suggested in the bankroll management article (min. 50 MTT buy-ins). You may want to reconsider your goals in light of this.

Good luck at the tables!

Lester

Follow me on Twitter

Old
Wed Jan 09, 2013, 02:41 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Good luck on your challenge for the year.

Don't forget that if you want to qualify for the >>Time Vault<< you will also need to write a blog about your challenge in the >>Blog<< section.

All the instructions on how to qualify for this years Time Vault promotion can be found >>HERE<<

Best of luck with your poker goals for 2013!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 09, 2013, 07:30 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi djharpo07,

some nice looking goals

but
A $100 bankroll is only 25 buy ins for your chosen game. This does not give you much of a cushion if you hit a bad run.

for the 180 man games you should be looking at at least 100 buy ins.

If you decide that the $2.50 180s are nice and soft and you can beat them easy do you have a point when should by chance you bank roll drops too low you will switch games?

just something to think about,

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
bankroll - Thu Jan 10, 2013, 05:40 AM
(#5)
Since: Mar 2010
well to the above comments yes i think use are right i for sure know you can run bad on pokerstars with any game you play yes i agree we the bankroll it just isent enough but im going to give it a go and try my best to get the edge ill play TAP and do a bit of grinding if it doesnt work then ill try a diffrent aproch to it thanks for showing intrest in my challange and giveing me some kind advice i wish you the best in poker

Old
Thu Jan 10, 2013, 08:51 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
Dear djharpo07,

Have you played a lot of these 180 man games before?

I would say yes TAP for the first few blind levels is ok but after that you have to open up and steal some or the blinds will eat you up.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com